HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
It's interesting how the fake suppressor doesn't actually cover up the three lugs on the barrel. Looks like someone made an "oops". Or maybe you just pull the suppressor and cut the end of the barrel off, giving you a three lug barrel. Does the barrel go all the way through the suppressor of stop just inside of it?

What's the price?

Magazine price?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Is the cocking tube actually welded to the receiver? Or two piece like gsg?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
RRetro I think the barrel goes all the way through. I remember seeing a pic of one with the fake suppressor off.

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
i have one on the way from my local dealer !!!!
$475 !!!!!

i will give a report when i get it !! Maybe today !!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Let us know samot!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I think the fake can is trying to mimic Knight's Armemnet MP5 navy suppressor. It threads on and doesnt utilize the tri lug.

Oh, good point. They even made it look like a KA version.

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,076 Posts
Just picked one up two days ago from Impact Guns here in Utah for $459 + tax, but haven't had the chance to fire it yet. First of all, GSG-5 Mags will not work; totally different in size to where the GSG's are too 'fat', both in thickness side to side and forward to back; GSG mags will not insert at all into the mag well, and don't even think about trimming them down. This Walther is about the same weight as the MP5; way better built than the GSG, and yes, it has a swing down lower. Collapsible stock is well built and very solid when extended, unlike the GSG's, but a regular HK MP-5 A2 stock will not fit this gun, perhaps some serious material removal might work, but I don't have the time. Unlike the GSG, this gun uses all standard HK push pins on the forward handguard and the lower; including the A3 stock. I see in the manual that there is a fixed A2 stock available and I'm probably going to order one just because I really don't like the A3 stock rail 'feel' all the time.

The fake suppressor unscrews with help of a tool that is included in the nice padded Walther-marked hard case it comes with. The 3-lug is, well, not really a full 3-lug; when removing the fake suppressor off, what you see for the 3-lug is just about it...really about a half of a three lug. Unlike the P-O-S sights that the GSG has, this gun comes with a much better adjustable-height and windage rear sight, and the front sight is removable and interchangeable with a different sight that also comes as standard. I don't believe you can use a HK rear sight tool on the sight though, but it looks like a MP5 rear sight and not like the GSG's. What's very interesting is the fact that the lower receiver is a well built, totally different than the GSG design, and it looks as if the pushpin holes are located exactly in the same orientation/location as a real HK's lower is (interesting). The trigger pull is MUCH better than the GSG's 'spongy' version. I haven't had a chance to pull the receiver and barrel assy apart yet, but first indication, this gun either has a much thicker barrel, or it is well hidden inside a fake full size painted barrel.

There doesn't seem to be anything between the GSG and this gun that is interchangeable at all; this is a totally different gun and seems to be very well built. It will make a nice addition to my collection and am looking forward to taking it out, along with my Walther HK416D .22LR I picked up last fall...

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Tailflash are the internals held in like the GSG? If you can will you take a pic with the stock off looking inside.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The fake suppressor unscrews with help of a tool that is included in the nice padded Walther-marked hard case it comes with. The 3-lug is, well, not really a full 3-lug; when removing the fake suppressor off, what you see for the 3-lug is just about it...really about a half of a three lug.
Thanks for the info. Do you think the fake 3-lug (half a 3-lug) can be removed, the barrel cut and crowned, and a real 3-lug threaded on? It was really easy SBR'ing the GSG-5 carbine -- just buy a pistol barrel and a slip on 3-lug adapter. I am wondering how difficult it would be to SBR the Umarex.

1 - 20 of 287 Posts