HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I do have an HK MP5A3 i would like to replace the barrel and the cocking tube support . Please let me know the best way to disassemble the barrel and the cocking tube support and replace the new parts . Please give me the Details on the best way to disassemble the old parts and assemble the new parts . Photos are very welcome.
Thanks

·
Banned
631 Posts
Use the search function. There are many discussions that have been had on this. Quickly, changing the cocking tube support = easy. barrel change = go to a HK smith.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
14 Views 0 replies
Remove the barrel pin and place the gun into a hydraulic press. Use a piece of brass or mild steel to push the barrel out. Use a small punch to remove the cocking handle. The support will slide out.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hello
I do have an HK MP5A3 i would like to replace the barrel and the cocking tube support . Please let me know the best way to disassemble the barrel and the cocking tube support and replace the new parts . Please give me the Details on the best way to disassemble the old parts and assemble the new parts . Photos are very welcome.
Thanks
Is this a pre or post sample gun or a clone? If you actually have an original HK factory MP5 the HK repair facility in OH can do the work. The prices I've been quoted where very reasonable and with new factory parts. As stated above, pull the bolt group from the receiver. There is a hole through the cocking tube and you just need to line up the roll pin which holds the cocking handle in the support. Once the roll pin is removed, the support will slide out the back end of the receiver. Slide the new cocking tube support back into the cocking tube, line up the hole in the support with the hole in the cocking tube and the hole in the cocking handle. Then replace the roll pin.

A couple of things, the original style cocking tube will not work with the new "F" cocking tube support. How the "F" support "clicks in" when the support is forward is different from the original. Also HK will not work on clones or conversions of their guns, like a converted HK94. They will only work on factory HK guns in factory configuration. Also as posted above, there have been many threads about pressing out an old barrel and pressing in a new barrel. To change a barrel, several specialty tools need to be used. It is not a quick and easy change like an AR. Good luck with your MP5A3 parts replacement project.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts