HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am curious if the cocking tube... or possibly called the cocking tube support, is made of metal in the mp5's. I have a clone, and mine is plastic with the charging handle attached to it via a roll pin. If the real deal is metal, any benefit?

Another thing is I found at the end of the tube is a spring and metal piece that I do not know its function. My guess is it is to hold the cocking tube + handle forward when firing. Am I right on that?

Thanks in advance, in time I'll learn this stuff and be helping out some other HK newbie.

-Ry

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
HK made guns have metal cocking tubes (steel).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi all, I am curious if the cocking tube... or possibly called the cocking tube support, is made of metal in the mp5's. I have a clone, and mine is plastic with the charging handle attached to it via a roll pin. If the real deal is metal, any benefit?

Another thing is I found at the end of the tube is a spring and metal piece that I do not know its function. My guess is it is to hold the cocking tube + handle forward when firing. Am I right on that?

Thanks in advance, in time I'll learn this stuff and be helping out some other HK newbie.

-Ry
The plastic tube support is cheaper for the manufacturer to save money. There is a difference when cycling the gun. The metal one seems to operate smoother because it will not flex like the cheap plastic one. The only thing the plastic piece offers is a reduction in weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts