HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building up a HK MP5 flat with a German front end and will be buying an additional bolt/carrier, grip, etc. I am considering buying a new set of "F" parts for these for use with some of my hotter loaded 9mm ammo. What experience have you had with the "F" parts? Do normal 9mm loads still function OK with them? Does the RPM on full auto run slower with the "F" parts? I thought it might since I understand the bolt carrier is heavier. I appreciate any information you give pass along to me.

Thanks,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in KS

·
Registered
162 Posts
Darin-

I own a factory correct F gun (had it built) and it runs great... Just an fyi, on some batches of S&B, I have had to take the F recoil rod assembly out and place a regular MP5 assembly in...

But I shoot the HOT hirt and have had zero issues... it is well worth the added expense to do the whole build, imo.

Trip

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you are as finiky about the details as I am you will need to acquire a cocking tube assembly from an MP5/40 that contains the redesigned cocking support and handle.

Unless of course your front end was originally from an "F" weapon then you are good to go.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I see the term F parts. Sorry to be slow here. Can someone tell me about the F style gun? I have done a search, but MP5 F returns so many threads that are not relevant. Thanks

Normally F parts in my vocab relates to something along the lines of "F those parts".

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Infoseeker,

"F" stands for French. The French government had a request to HK for a 9mm MP5 that would handle their +P+ ammo. If I remember correctly, they were interested in ordering up to 35,000 MP5's.

The retractable stock, bolt head, bolt carrier, recoil spring, cocking tube, cocking tube handle and front sling contact were all modified.

I am sure I am missing something and someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Darin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts