HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying a Fleming conversion MP5 full auto and I was wondering if I could put the full auto three shot and single shot trigger group in the MP5 and would it work and keep it legal.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
If it's a Fleming registered receiver you can put whatever trigger pack in it you want. If it's a registered Fleming sear, you can also put it in whatever trigger group you want. 2,3,FA is more than 1 shot per trigger pull so MG, no matter how many shots come out.
As long as you got the stamp for the MG, you're good to go.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Welcome to the site. You are actually purchasing that price of an item and put in for your stamps but not certain how you can utilize it? Sweet. I would not mind having one myself.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Be careful not to create an unregistered SBR. If you are using a registered sear, take the MP-5 to a pistol configuration before you take the sear out and put a single shot trigger group in.

If it is a registered receiver, why would you want a single shot trigger group?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pretty sure he's asking about using an 0/1/3/F trigger group. It's not worded extremely clearly, but that's what it sounds like.

As mentioned above, is it a registered receiver or a registered sear?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Be careful not to create an unregistered SBR. If you are using a registered sear, take the MP-5 to a pistol configuration before you take the sear out and put a single shot trigger group in.

If it is a registered receiver, why would you want a single shot trigger group?
If the MP5 host gun started as an HK94, and the sear is "married" to it and registered, then before the sear can be used in another firearm, the host must be registered as an SBR (thus divorcing the sear).

Just making it look like a pistol doesn't create a pistol. It started as a rifle so it is a short barreled rifle when the sear is installed in another gun.

If the MP5 host is a pistol clone, and the sear is registered, then he can do as you suggest.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Once you read the link mentioned on post #4 and talk with the dealer/seller, please let us know what you have. It is always interesting to hear about Fleming guns, sears etc. He was one of the pioneers of HK NFA goodies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The form 4 reads name of manufacturer as Fleming Firearms type of firearm Machinegun caliber 9mm model MP-5 length of barrel 8.9 in. overall 26.8 in. serial number 9xxx I believe its just the receiver not the sear.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
yep, sounds definitely like a registered receiver. You could put whatever FCG on it that you want. I guess it has a shelf so you gotta remember that when you buy a FCG or you'll have to have it modified.
Hope you get a good price on it

·
Registered
140 Posts
yep, sounds definitely like a registered receiver. You could put whatever FCG on it that you want. I guess it has a shelf so you gotta remember that when you buy a FCG or you'll have to have it modified.
Hope you get a good price on it
Didn't Fleming make push-pin registered receivers too?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
If it's a Fleming registered receiver you can put whatever trigger pack in it you want. If it's a registered Fleming sear, you can also put it in whatever trigger group you want. 2,3,FA is more than 1 shot per trigger pull so MG, no matter how many shots come out.
As long as you got the stamp for the MG, you're good to go.
Unless it's a registered receiver with a shelf that utilized an unregistered conversion device (sear or clipped pack). If that's the case they are permanently married and the least desirable type of conversion IMHO.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the site. You are actually purchasing that price of an item and put in for your stamps but not certain how you can utilize it? Sweet. I would not mind having one myself.
He's coming here for help.

MP5s are no joke as to their numerous configurations.

I have a Fleming in NFA jail right now and it its the swing down type, push pin.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in the process of buying a Fleming conversion MP5 full auto and I was wondering if I could put the full auto three shot and single shot trigger group in the MP5 and would it work and keep it legal.
Do you have any pictures of your MP-5? That would help us help you.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
sound more than fair for a RR. the average i saw was around 23k

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not sure what a good price is but I put out 19K with 2000rds ammo and 6 mags. I hope I got a fair deal?
Good, bad or, fair is subjective and all in the eye of the beholder. I would say to myself, $19K for a "married" registered receiver MP-5 is probably about average for most areas but, not what I'm interested in. For a "real deal" registered receiver MP-5, I think you did very well and I would be all over it myself if I had the money. Sear guns have their benefits but, they are also a lot more expensive in today's market.

·
Registered
80 Posts
19k? Most likely not a push pin. You did great, I believe they are going for around 25k now. Push-pin models more like 40k, now if you got that then you won the lotto.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts