HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Umarex hK mp5 sd .22 LR and I would like to get a red dot sight for it, does anyone have any recommendations based on their experience with their own SD? I also need to get a rail to mount it. Any recommendations, I am looking to spend as little as possible but am willing to pay for performance. I read the other posts on this but its still not clear to me which rail to purchase and which red dot to purchase. Help would be very much appreciate. Is there a place that sells 25 rd magazine rebuild kits or parts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the classic army mount for an aimpoint, however when I got it yesterday, I found that the "feet" actually cut into the rail area. Did a little more research... Over on ar15.com one of the guys was able to get the utg mount to work. It's about $18 from amazon.

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
I just purchased the Umarex.. I am looking to spend as little as possible but am willing to pay for performance.
A bit of an oxymoron, no? How much performance? The Eotechs have the performance at a relatively inexpensive $400 or so, while you could move UP to an Aimpoint in the $800 range or a Trijicon in the $1400 range.

If you're looking at red dots under $250, I have no good solutions with any real performance. I borrowed one of those Russian or Chinese made mini red dots and the thing shifted after every shot. Granted, this was with a gun in the mighty 9mm caliber, but still... the dot should still be somewheres on the target after pulling the trigger. And a bud had a different Chinko red dot with the same problem... again in the all powerful 9mm but on an Uzi. Same dealie, this was a Barko or Barska or something and it was all over the place.

Bottom line... you gets what'cha pays for. Personally, on a Umarex, I'd just go buy a cheap regular ol' 22 scope and be done with it. Great 22 scopes can be had for under $50. They don't give you the latest ATAS Mall Ninja look, but they WILL perform.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
The original Aimpoint Propoint or something like that is pretty dependable and under $100. There's even a Bushnell that is made to look like a Trijicon. It's about $225 and has two color reticle. It's a little heavy though at around a full pound just for it.

Bushnell Trijicon Clone:
Bushnell - Trophy 1 x 32mm MP Red Dot, Matte [730132P]

Then there's this little beauty. It's a Bushnell clone of the Aimpoint T1 or H1. And only about $200 or so.
Bushnell - Trophy 3 M.O.A. Red Dot [731303]

I have one of the T1 clones on my Buckmark so that I can sight in when I have a Cobra M2 suppressor on the barrel. It's seems to work fine on the .22 pistol. So maybe it would work fine on a .22 rifle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I would prefer a style similar to this

what are these called? and any recommendations on a style like this?

·
Registered
6,396 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the exact same boat, I'm curious what you ended up doing and how it worked out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cut from my other thread...
C-More was $289, the UTG Claw was about $75 bucks... Cheap for the quality if you ask me, but will probably need to be fitted.
I fitted the UTG mount, I had to file the feet of the mount, and the saddle on the reciever (Did this with a needle file.... was a lot of work)...BTW, the marks are from the UTG itself.... before I figured out how to operate the locking mechanism. /doh

It now takes about 12 to 15 lbs of force to lock the mount on... maybe a little more.
I added the C-More Railway...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where would be the best place I could find a rail for under my MP5? Or would I be able to buy another of the one for the top ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was one of the lucky ones to get the PA Micro Dot w/ removable base last Month. It sold out within hours. After putting it on, I noticed it doesn't co-witness with the irons which means its time to look for a new mount. The Classic army ones seem to be sold out everywhere which is why I went with the one sold by MetalTac.

This review from 2011 convinced me that the MFI mount does not fit my needs.

Originally Posted by Minnow
The MFI low profile Umarex mount will NOT cowitness the Primary Arms Aimpoint micro clone. In fact with just the detachable base of the optic mounted, the sights are unusable. That was a waste of 100.00 in my case. It is a nice mount though.
The old version of the Classic Army mount is sold out everywhere. There's a new version out, but no one seems to have tested it yet.

Old Version:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=598&products_id=553

New Version:

http://www.zairsoft.com/servlet/the-961/Classic-Army-Low-Profile/Detail

I've found the Primary Arms Micro Dot to be a good red dot for the price. Also check out the Truglo version with blue, red and green dots. A friend has that one and likes it a lot. For about $125, that ain't bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts