HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an incoming full auto HK MP5.
Bought a HK G33 A2 stock.
Will be running the stock on full auto and 3RB.

Have read that running a G33 stock on a MP5 is fine. No buffer required.

Question is: Is what I have read correct, and, do I have to take out the little disk inside the stock?

Stock was pretty cheap from APEX.

Will do a thread on cleaning it up later.

Pictures:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers.

One thing I saw commented on was that some really liked the curved butt edge of the G33 stock.

Do I remove that little disc inside the stock?

RCA

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Already cleaned it up.
Don't have access to a blasting cabinet, so I scrubbed most of the paint off with rough sand paper followed with a rag and acetone.
Cold blue on the metal parts.
Already looks better.
Out of town right now, visiting daughter for Mother's day, as she couldn't visit us due to being on call at hospital where she works.
When I get home, I plan on using a heat gun on surface to try to remove some of the scratches.
There are a couple threads on here that said to use urethane mold release spray to restore surface.
All that stuff is is silicone. It keeps the urethane from sticking to the mold.
I will try either some CRC spray silicone I have or perhaps some DOT 5.0 (not DOT 5.1) silicone brake fluid.

Will post pictures when I'm done.
Should be by the end of the week.

Raymond

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Alternating periods of sanding and wiping with acetone removed the painted on "44".

Cold blue on the metal parts and rubbed with DOT 5.0 (not DOT5.1) silicone brake fluid.

Heat gun didn't do much and was afraid to get too aggressive with it and possibly ruin the stock.

Also didn't sand too hard as afraid to remove too much of the "pebbling" as I did in the area where it was painted "44".

Perfect? No

But looks much better.

RCA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts