HK Shooting Team
2,880 Posts
Loosen set screw, lift tabs, tilt to side

Difficulty scale 1:10

You can do this!

·
Registered
298 Posts
When you get it off can you take a pic of the top of your receiver after removal? I’m curious as to how marred the finish gets. It’s the only thing keeping me from putting one on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Even with original in spec receivers it can sometimes be tricky. There is a sweet spot where the top rail comes off or goes on just fine. I use a piece of round wooden dowel about 6 inches long to hold the tabs off the receiver. A piece a little thinner than a pencil will be gripped between the side of the top rail and the tabs without needing to be held. This makes it a lot easier to find the sweet spot without risking the tabs snapping down and marring the receiver finish as you wiggle the rail on or off. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When you get it off can you take a pic of the top of your receiver after removal? I’m curious as to how marred the finish gets. It’s the only thing keeping me from putting one on.
I second this, please post pictures when you are done :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even with original in spec receivers it can sometimes be tricky. There is a sweet spot where the top rail comes off or goes on just fine. I use a piece of round wooden dowel about 6 inches long to hold the tabs off the receiver. A piece a little thinner than a pencil will be gripped between the side of the top rail and the tabs without needing to be held. This makes it a lot easier to find the sweet spot without risking the tabs snapping down and marring the receiver finish as you wiggle the rail on or off. Hope that helps.
Thank you. I will try your way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts