HKPRO Forums banner

HK MP5 With Registered S&H Sear NO RESERVE BIN $38k

4K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  caf82313 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I like the ad verbiage on the Fleming sear............. "if you are lucky enough to own one."

I never thought of that. All that luck I had. What, working two or three jobs, staying out of bars, driving beat up cars, shopping Goodwill, living in a small house, resoling shoes. All that luck. After all that luck I had saved enough buy an auto sear about 20 years ago.

Funny. The harder I worked, the luckier I got. Seems like it is the same today.

#9 ·
Sear Pack sold for $31,235
I wonder if the buyer thought he was buying a registered "pack" (vs a "sear"). I know the pack is numbered, but it is converted for a Fleming-type sear so is unlike the DLO variety.

#11 ·
I think we are at the point (been there for a while) where un-informed buyers (speculators) are jumping in and that particular seller is known for being vague, for lack of better words, in their auction descriptions. Now for folks in the know, we just ask the seller questions long enough in advance to get the answer. That's not the case when the bidding war erupts in the final minutes:)

On a similar note, anyone familiar with GB knows of the 15 minute rule and I for one like it. Lately, it seems that folks are running "ebay-style" and jumping in at the "final" moment which would also indicate (to me) that a larger new audience is at play here.

Finally, as a Fleming sear owner, I'm content that this last auction went out at at over $31k because that would be a new high (I think) cuz the pack itself is worth about $150:)

#12 ·
Finally, as a Fleming sear owner, I'm content that this last auction went out at at over $31k because that would be a new high (I think) cuz the pack itself is worth about $150:)
Not really this one sold at $33.5 HK Sear/pack by Fleming Firearms : Machine Guns at GunBroker.com think that was one of highest on GB but there have been several on Sub and Sturm that sold and listing price was 32-34 I cant verify/substantiate the exact terms of the sale but all sold within a few days so only can assume they got close to asking. And depending on what you value a German MP5K Conversion the one that Ruben sold at 41K which he told me he got asking to be valued at 33-34k when you factor in the K gun.............

My personal opinion is that the one that sold for $31k did so because the market is flooded (so to speak) with 35k sears vs awhile back only one or two have come on the market at a time..............

#19 ·
Well this one ends tonight currently at $27k lets see if it continues the trend of "lower" as the other Two above did. Its as close to a DLO as you can get, identical IMO engraving just nicer on a DLO............ HK Registered trigger pack by RDTS : Machine Guns at GunBroker.com It had gotten up to $32k when there was a reserve before but not so sure those were not shill bidders.........

#20 ·
I suspect it will not crack 30k given the temporary softness we are experiencing but I am very curious to see. For better or worse this seller runs lots of auctions and the ones where we have visibility on final pricing suggest he achieves towards the top of the price range.

Then again there's always a case to be made that a sear and gun together suffer from a wholesale discount and the parts are worth more than the whole.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.