1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
The things that seem off can quickly be checked before sending the guy any money. As for value, $39k is perhaps a bit too good to be true. HK94 to MP5SD is worth $8-10k.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It won't sell
Why? If it is legit its a great price as Oicani points out the SD is worth 8-10k puts the sear at a great price...........

The things that seem off can quickly be checked before sending the guy any money. As for value, $39k is perhaps a bit too good to be true. HK94 to MP5SD is worth $8-10k.
I agree at that price def worth checking into..........Looks like whoever filled paper work might have made an honest mistake and it slipped by examiner I have seen worse slip by..........

My personal opinion its Legit..............

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had a similar transfer (sear with host) and the ATF advised that I leave off the H descriptor. It is curious that both show RTDS :/

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Why? If it is legit its a great price as Oicani points out the SD is worth 8-10k puts the sear at a great price...........

I agree at that price def worth checking into..........Looks like whoever filled paper work might have made an honest mistake and it slipped by examiner I have seen worse slip by..........

My personal opinion its Legit..............

The price is very good. I talked to Ralph once. $10k for one of his builds is par. $30k for a sear is good also. I'm just not a believer in $40k typos. For $40 k I'd like my stuff typoless especially when one won't see it for the better part of a year and a half.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
Very true! But not every seller focuses on the details. Come can't even post pictures correctly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
for some reason the hanger versus the true SD cocking tube bothers me a bit, especially on a very very expensive gun. I know Ralphs work is top notch, more of a look for me, if dollar bills were of no concern I would still take it home.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
for some reason the hanger versus the true SD cocking tube bothers me a bit, especially on a very very expensive gun.
Agreed, it does look weird. Surprised that the hanger didn't at least get ground off entirely during the conversion process.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
for some reason the hanger versus the true SD cocking tube bothers me a bit, especially on a very very expensive gun. I know Ralphs work is top notch, more of a look for me, if dollar bills were of no concern I would still take it home.
Agreed, it does look weird. Surprised that the hanger didn't at least get ground off entirely during the conversion process.
Ralph will do it if you insist...but he asks why cut on a factory welded cocking tube or cut it off and replace it as it will never in most cases be as good as the factory one metallurgically etc etc. Ralph once told me that he felt that the more of the gun that is left intact the better, and if for some reason you wanted to make any other mp5 variant or return the gun to its original state the easier that task would be. This philosophy makes perfect sense to me, but not to everyone and that's ok by me.

I for one love my RDTS conversion, but to satisfy my shooter needs I have a full on rebuild of a SW SD that I did not feel one bit guilty modifying and changing since prior to my intervention it needed alot of help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That makes very good sense. some people were wondering why i wanted to reweld a gun and it was because i thought it would be cool to have a full hk front end with the magwell markings as my kit was cut clean without a torch after the magwell. I couldn't allow myself to cut my real fleming mp5 up for the SD conversion, and went with a clone. Fleming did my mp5 before i was even born. Growing up in NYC I never thought I would own my own HK MP5 much less a SD variant. Thank god for states that understand common sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts