HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm building my HK 7.62AR10 with a purpose of a DMR. So far I have a Leupold mark 8 CQBBS CMR-w 1.1-8x24mm Scope with a mark 8 AR mount, and a Geissele trigger ordered. for my next purchase I was interested in getting a Knights Armament MAMS muzzle brake. It comes in 2 threading variations. From what I understand is the 5/8-24 will fit how ever the factory threading is 1/10 an inch too long. Is there a spacer that I would need or can i send the barrel someplace to get cut down?

·
Registered
661 Posts
i'm not sure about the newer barrels however my MR762 has a metric thread something like M15x1 although i don't remember the pitch exactly.

as for taking up space, just pick up some shims that are used to time a MB for a suppressors and you should be fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone ever use Robarguns.com services? I was also interested in getting my rifle NP3+ coated. In their order form they also offer a barrel re threading.

·
Vendor
8,216 Posts
The MR762 barrel is threaded M15x1 RH. The shoulder is cut farther back (the space you notice) because metric threaded barrels were intended to be muzzle bottoming.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M15x1 RH to 5/8-24 RH Thread Adapter I'm guessing something like this. Should be cheaper than sending the barrel in to get work done and not permanent. Just need to wait for my next paycheck >.< I've just bought a Leupold Mark 8 1.1-8x24mm with mount, and a Geissele trigger this month. . . $$$ is a bit low haha

·
Vendor
8,216 Posts
M15x1 RH to 5/8-24 RH Thread Adapter I'm guessing something like this. Should be cheaper than sending the barrel in to get work done and not permanent. Just need to wait for my next paycheck >.< I've just bought a Leupold Mark 8 1.1-8x24mm with mount, and a Geissele trigger this month. . . $$$ is a bit low haha
If it was made correctly, it will muzzle bottom on the metric side and shoulder bottom on the standard side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ALERT! NOOB QUESTION INCOMING!

So with the thread attachment it should be tightened against the barrel and the muzzle brake will be shimmed against the male threading (5/8-24)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts