HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just installed a TriggerTech group in my MR223 and though the trigger works, the primer strikes are too light on wolf, MFS, Tula and even factory Federal and Winchester .223 ammo. Is it because the stock firing pin spring is too strong? And, is the firing pin and/or spring interchangeable with common AR15 firing pins and springs?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Not sure about interchangeability, but they use lighter hammer springs to improve trigger feel. Some of the drop-in triggers have special MR556 versions. Check to see if they make stronger hammer springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi guys, I just installed a TriggerTech group in my MR223 and though the trigger works, the primer strikes are too light on wolf, MFS, Tula and even factory Federal and Winchester .223 ammo. Is it because the stock firing pin spring is too strong? And, is the firing pin and/or spring interchangeable with common AR15 firing pins and springs?
You most likely have a non MR223 Trigger Group that is not designed to disenage the firing pin safety on the MR223, at least https://triggertech.com/collections/firearms does not indicate that they have that.

MR223 have various generations with various enhancements to the AR platform. Most items are NOT compatible with "xyz milspec AR" due to the MR223 inherent improvements.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
You can either buy one of the triggers that's listed as being compatible which if you do a search on this forum there is an ongoing list of what triggers will work with the firing pin safety. Or your other option is to remove the firing pin safety from the bolt carrier group however once this is done my understanding is the Roll pan used to hold in the little flipper on the carrier is not reusable and being able to find one is the question I believe you can because I think I know somebody that did it recently. You're just better off paying the extra money or whether it costs extra money or not some checkers do cost considerably more to MR compatible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts