HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I recently got my MR223A3 and had previously ordered a Midwest Industries M-Lok handguard for it already (HK416/MR556 Handguard, M-LOK(TM) Compatible, 13.5-inch). I did not want to deal with the weird proprietary HKey mounting system, as all my accessories so far are M-LOK.
After I installed the Midwest Industries handguard, there was still some play between the upper and the handguard. I can pull the handguard away from the upper about 3 mm (1/10 inch) and push it back against it with basically no resistance even with the screw torqued down as much as possible.
Does someone have any experience with this issue? Is that handguard (and other after market handguards?) incompatible with the MR223 A3?

Greetings from Germany!

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
I thought they were all compatible. Stupid question, but is the barrel nut tightened all the way? If so, I would think something was out of spec on the hand guard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so as well, weird issue. I just double checked the barrel nut, it sits on there tight.
There is no issue with the normal short HK handguard that came with the rifle. Uninstalled and reinstalled both handguards a couple of times now.

Thanks anyway for your replay!

·
Registered
16 Posts
MR223A1 and MR223A3 hand guards are fully interchangeable. Does the Midwest hand guard come with its own screw or do you have to use the HK screw? If it came with its own screw, it might be too small in diameter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts