HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You are wrong, we haven't worked with Daniel Defense since we built the production facility in Columbus, GA back in 2018.

CS1
I have to laugh that Customer Service didnt answer the main question. Like I stated above they told me it is nitrided and if you cannot trust your German arms manufacture then who can you trust. It would be simple for them to just update their website and state the specs there, but that would be too easy. They make good stuff and at the end of the day they got my money and will probably get more down the round.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It should be pretty obvious if the barrels are nitrided or not. If they are, the finish would be applied to both the interior as well as the exterior of the barrels.

A nitride barrel will have a slick smooth deep black finish, like a Gen5 Glock slide. If not, it will have a dull dark gray matte finish which would indicate a parkerized exterior.

I haven’t seen any of the recent production MR rifles, but I can say neither my MR762 or MR556 have nitrided barrels. OTOH, my LWRC and my SIG both have obvious nitrided barrels.

IMO, the lack of chrome or nitride is a shortcoming of the MR series of rifles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have to laugh that Customer Service didnt answer the main question. Like I stated above they told me it is nitrided and if you cannot trust your German arms manufacture then who can you trust. It would be simple for them to just update their website and state the specs there, but that would be too easy. They make good stuff and at the end of the day they got my money and will probably get more down the round.
It wouldn't be the first time HKs customer service gave completely incorrect info
It should be pretty obvious if the barrels are nitrided or not. If they are, the finish would be applied to both the interior as well as the exterior of the barrels.

A nitride barrel will have a slick smooth deep black finish, like a Gen5 Glock slide. If not, it will have a dull dark gray matte finish which would indicate a parkerized exterior.

I haven’t seen any of the recent production MR rifles, but I can say neither my MR762 or MR556 have nitrided barrels. OTOH, my LWRC and my SIG both have obvious nitrided barrels.

IMO, the lack of chrome or nitride is a shortcoming of the MR series of rifles.
The MR556 I had (which was the newest one) had a parkerized finish and was not nitrided as best I could tell. But if it was, then neat...HK finally doing something

·
Registered
130 Posts
Word.

[Runs to arsenal to arm up for the impending Nitride v. Chrome v. HK knows best/I never gonna shoot out my MR556 anyway debate]

(war drums and chanting heard in background)
"Chrome Lined, Chrome Lined, Chrome Lined, CHROME LINED..."

EPIC post. Thanks for the laugh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts