HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to be prepared to deal with anything while I'm out on the range for a long day of shooting. What would experienced MR762/MR556 owners/operators recommend for a field emergency repair kit for my MR762? I generally like to have an entire spare BCG on hand with my AR 5.56 rifles, but a "spare full BCG" for the MR762 is crazy high price. Any parts that I should have on hand? Most like to go down?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I like to be prepared to deal with anything while I'm out on the range for a long day of shooting. What would experienced MR762/MR556 owners/operators recommend for a field emergency repair kit for my MR762? I generally like to have an entire spare BCG on hand with my AR 5.56 rifles, but a "spare full BCG" for the MR762 is crazy high price. Any parts that I should have on hand? Most like to go down?
Pins and springs and spare bolt head with a field cleaning kit that includes a carbon scraper (if you can get one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cleaning kits are cleaning kits, but I'm interested in knowing specifically which "springs and pins" you have in mind. By "bolt head" I assume you are referring simply to the bolt?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Cleaning kits are cleaning kits, but I'm interested in knowing specifically which "springs and pins" you have in mind. By "bolt head" I assume you are referring simply to the bolt?
Correct. And if you want specifics I would use the search function as Marine030 has a post somewhere in here about spare parts kits.

I used it for my purchases and I don't feel like crawling into the closet in which I am allowed to place all of my fire arms and accessories to get you a list.

And yes, I mean bolt.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Gas piston and/or spare piston rings. Small thin blade screw driver to remove worn or broken rings.

I assume the MR762 uses the same piston and rings as the 416/MR556/G36.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Thank you.

Another thought to keep in mind when choosing spare parts, is not only what parts are most likely to break, but also what parts are most easily lost should you have to disassemble your firearm for any reason. Some parts are more likely to be lost than broken depending on the extent of their use. An example of a part that would be easily lost for the G36 family of weapons would be the push pins since they are small and not captive. (Though they have a place to be retained in the standard G36 stock) I'm not familiar enough with the 416 family to know what parts (if any) are easily lost. I believe their push pins are captive.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you.

Another thought to keep in mind when choosing spare parts, is not only what parts are most likely to break, but also what parts are most easily lost should you have to disassemble your firearm for any reason. Some parts are more likely to be lost than broken depending on the extent of their use. An example of a part that would be easily lost for the G36 family of weapons would be the push pins since they are small and not captive. (Though they have a place to be retained in the standard G36 stock) I'm not familiar enough with the 416 family to know what parts (if any) are easily lost. I believe their push pins are captive.
And a very good thought at that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts