HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a HK MR762 and want to get some RL8000 furniture for it. Is the trigger guard and safety controls the same size as the MR556? As far as the safety I'm asking just for the actual levers...not the axle. First post and new to the forum. Thanks ...any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I just ordered a HK MR762 and want to get some RL8000 furniture for it. Is the trigger guard and safety controls the same size as the MR556? As far as the safety I'm asking just for the actual levers...not the axle. First post and new to the forum. Thanks ...any help greatly appreciated
Congrats on the acquisition. You'll love shooting it.

As to your questions, I can say that from my experience, yes on both counts.

If you are looking for a RAL8k trigger guard look at HKParts. I believe it has the same flip down front spring retaining pin system as in the current US MR series trigger guards. I bought mine from GGW but they no longer carry/make them. If you use a 416A5 trigger guard you will have to trim the front retaining pin as it is not made to be a flip down system. The retaining pin is not spring loaded and goes all the way through.

DO NOT BE FOOLED by HKParts and GGW naming. The current one GGW is selling is a black version for the MR223A3, the same as the 416A5. It is A HK product. I have these on my three MR lowers. The HKParts is A5 Style because it is rounded like the A5 trigger guard but should have the spring loaded pin in it. It is after market. Call them to ask. Also see following links.

http://www.germangunworks.com/rifle-parts-trigger-parts-c-32_47.html

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17832&idcategory=14

Any plan for an optic, if so which one? Let us know how it goes.

Again, Congrats and Welcome to the site!

PS - I expect there are many more HK purchases in your future!;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info! I welcome any suggestions as far as optics go. I don't have a real long range to shoot at so I'm thinking no more than 1-6 power or close to that. Also a suggestion for a mount would be great too. As far as buying more HK stuff I think this finishes off what is legally available that I wanted.... for now. Thanks again
HK G36c conv
HK MR556 SBR
HK MR556- 416a5 SBR
MKE MP5k clone SBR
HK MP5 SBR (94)
HK SP5k
HK USC- UMP conv
HK 45c Blk TB, 45c RAL8k, VP9, P30

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you for the info! I welcome any suggestions as far as optics go. I don't have a real long range to shoot at so I'm thinking no more than 1-6 power or close to that. Also a suggestion for a mount would be great too. As far as buying more HK stuff I think this finishes off what is legally available that I wanted.... for now. Thanks again
HK G36c conv
HK MR556 SBR
HK MR556- 416a5 SBR
MKE MP5k clone SBR
HK MP5 SBR (94)
HK SP5k
HK USC- UMP conv
I have a 1-6 with this mount (good as I gets).

Spuhr - SP-3026 30 mm Tube

Depending on what you are shooting in the future (range), you may want a built in level or more elevation, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure what RL8000 furniture is, but the MR762 uses lots of proprietary parts. Also be cautious of any HK part compatibility claims. For example, the MR762 manual states that the buffer tube is mil-spec, which it certainly is not. I purchased an MR762 stock that was non-refundable with the plans of putting it on an AR based on these specifications- now it's just an expensive paperweight.

Good Luck,
Matt

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 3.13.25 PM.png

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I'm not sure what RL8000 furniture is, but the MR762 uses lots of proprietary parts. Also be cautious of any HK part compatibility claims. For example, the MR762 manual states that the buffer tube is mil-spec, which it certainly is not. I purchased an MR762 stock that was non-refundable with the plans of putting it on an AR based on these specifications- now it's just an expensive paperweight.

Good Luck,
Matt

View attachment 83857
He is talking about HK furniture in the color RAL8000 and I showed him an aftermarket piece that should work on his 762.

But that sucks about the paperweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
HK G36c conv
HK MR556 SBR
HK MR556- 416a5 SBR
MKE MP5k clone SBR
HK MP5 SBR (94)
HK SP5k
HK USC- UMP conv
That is a great mount AmericaNL posted but you may also want to look at the Geissele Rails or Larue.

As baljar says below, I wouldn't worry about buying one with MOA built in unless you really want to try to press the limits of what the 762 can do.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Also keep in mind that .308 goes transsonic somewhere around 1000 yards, hence most of the time, you will not need a pre-elevated scope shooting that calibre.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
As I'm home sick I decided to clean out/straighten up the hidden gun room (actually more like closet) and I found one of the HKParts RAL8000 Trigger Guards. It indeed has the spring loaded pin and is designed for MR A1's (556/762). So there ya go.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Thank you Regularguy, the only thing I need now is a grip I'm RAL8000.
Which one are you looking for; V2, V4 or V7?

Only place I've seen them who really has them is GGW.

RKSUSA used to carry them I think. But I haven't seen anything much from them of late. They advertise them but they never seem to be in stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts