• AK-47, it lasts forever!

Votes: 14 37.8%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

my name is Daniel and i´m from Germany so first, please excuse my english.

I already own an HK G3 Clone (called XR41 in Germany) in .308. It´s a total duplicate of my beloved Federal German Army G3. :44:

Now i´m in the line to buy a new .223 weapon. No more AR for me, i already owned one and sold it. It´s not my style.

I´m now in the decision of an AK-47 clone from Arsenal, Bulgaria in .223 or a HK93 clone from MKE, Turkey.

Which one would you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Hi Daniel and welcome to HKPRO.

Since you are in Germany you may be able to purchase the 93 clone made by Sabre Defense. I understand them to have a good reputation and pics posted of one of those rifles some time ago looked really nice.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Herlitz willkommen!

(please excuse my german!)

there was a great article in the August issue of Calibre magazine about the MKE 93 clone and how it was pretty accurate.

no doubt the 93 is probably my favorite gewehr in 223, next to the Sig 55X and the AR.

I've never liked the AK platform. But there are people who love their Trabi's, right?

the best is the AR15 platform overall, and if you can wait the MR223 will be out :)

If not a 93, then one of the Sig 55X sporters then? (i'd go with the 552 personally in this type) you have the choice of this, yes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Daniel and welcome to HKPRO.

Since you are in Germany you may be able to purchase the 93 clone made by Sabre Defense. I understand them to have a good reputation and pics posted of one of those rifles some time ago looked really nice.

First, thank you for the answers!!

Edmann99, the HK93 clones we are able to buy here in Germany are built by MKE in Turkey who is a licensed HK manufacturer.
Only the HK91 clones, the XR41´s are from Sabre Defense who made them from EBO, Greece, parts.

Herlitz willkommen!

(please excuse my german!)

there was a great article in the August issue of Calibre magazine about the MKE 93 clone and how it was pretty accurate.
Yes, the MKE´s are really accurate. They have the 1/7 in. barrell and so you can shoot heavy bullets.

·
Registered
471 Posts
HK93 clone of course. If it is close to HK's manufacturing process, it will last as long as the AK.

The reason to buy an AK is if you are low on cash.

JPG

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Welcome.

I'd need to think about what you will be using the firearm for. If you want more accuracy, then I'd say the 93. If you want something that will take an incredible amount of abuse and still work, I'd say the AK. You might also want to throw the Sig 556 into your considerations for a .223 weapon as well.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The Arsenal AK SLR106 as sold in the USA is capable of right at a minute of angle accuracy at 100 meters. I've seen it done with good handloads.

The only comparison I know of to your Turkish rifle would be the Vector V93 which I have. It too shoots right at a minute of angle.

I think the scope rail and other aspects of the AK make it a viable choice. In the end if you can hold both and see which fits better, you go with that one.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Dudes. He already said the words "my beloved Federal German Army G3", I'd say that the gent is inclined towards the roller-locked rifle from the jump.

Go with the HK93 clone available to you and call it good. Same manual of arms as your beloved. ;)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Depends on needs, money available, and who does the clone. IMO you need both because no self respecting shooter should be without a AK, AR, and a few HKs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know this is an HK forum, but my go to 223 is an Arsenal AK SLR106... oh, almost forgot, a HK416

·
Registered
230 Posts
Let me ask this. What other .223 options are available in Germany?

As far as AKs go, if you can lay hands on a Finnish Valmet (and spares for it) for instance, I would recomend checking it out. Dont get me wrong, I am an HK guy, but when it comes to the intermediate calibers, the AK is the way to go for me (if you can get a Isreali Galil, then buy it hands down, best AK ever made, but I expect that this is not readily available as far as I know, they are no longer made - other then US clones, the build and receiver quality of which I will not vouch for).

As was noted SIG makes some very good stuff. Lets not forget the Styer AUG either. If these are available, you should check them out as well.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
^^^I just saw an Aug clone at my local shop this week. Package includes 42 rd mag, 30 rd mag, 10 rd?, 5 rd?, anyway 4 mags of differing sizes. Barrel is 16" and comes with a knife, sheatch, and custom cut Pelican case for $2,500. Quality looked good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts