HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume there are some HK nuts in the Denver Metro area. if so, it may be fun to get together and show off our pieces and throw some lead down range.

Give a shout out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't consider any indoor range good, because I can always taste the powder, lead, etc. in the back of my throat. Ranges I am aware are as follows:

Firing line (35ft) - Potomac and Alameda, off I-255, just north of Alameda. This is also a gun store.
Cherry Creek Shooting Club - near the Costco club on Havana and Florida. This is a private club though. This has a 100m rifle range underground too.
The Shootist (50m) - this is near Wadsworth and 48th, but I am not sure if it still exists.
Cherry Creek State Park (50m) - this is an outdoor range, but is set up like an indoor range. I personally know the owner and he is a really good guy. There is also a 100m rifle range.

There is also another one in Englewood, but I cannot remeber the name. The Aurora Gun CLub (private club) is also an option as an outdoor facility and located off of Gun Club Road just North of Mississppi behond Buckley AFB. If you are interested in the Aurora club, PM me and we can set up a time to go out so you can see it. There is typically a waiting list though. It took me about 3 months to get in, which wasn't bad considering they told me 2 years.

I haven't looked on the internet recently, so I am not sure if there are any more indoor ranges. Firing Line is one of the more popular ones.

I wish there was one close to Downtown Denver, then I would shoot over my lunch hour or after work too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colorado kid

I am not familiar with the Erie club. Where is it? Membership info? Website?
Always looking for a good place to shoot.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
It's really called the Green Mill Sportsman's Club. 2490 Weld CR3 Erie, 303/288-2416, 303/452-6517.

Private range is open to the public for hunter sight-in prior to hunting season, generally September through October. Twenty-five, 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges available. $10 fee per firearm. Members have use of small bore, shotgun and archery ranges. Call ahead for directions.

Here's a few sites that also list other ranges

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/ResourcesTips/ShootingRanges/DenverRanges.htm

http://www.cssa.org/ranges.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Shootist (50m) - this is near Wadsworth and 48th, but I am not sure if it still exists.
The Shootist is still around. It is on Gallapago (just east of Santa Fe) about 1 block north of Dartmouth. They are also a gun store. I prefer them over Firing Line based on the fact that they are family owned and run - very nice people.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's hard for me to enjoy shooting at ranges since I'm use to running around 60acres, but I usually just go to Cherry Creek Park or Firing Line....I'll have to try some of the others listed.
Only bad thing about Cherry Creek Park is the target change and no fast firing....how can you shoot a MP5 slow?...I also had a RO offer to adjust my front sight on MP5 if I needed help [:eek:]

·
Registered
22 Posts
ranges

I usually go to the FiringLine when I'm home (I'm stationed in California), but it seems that their range is busy all of the time.

There used to be a range up on Wadsworth, K2 was the name I think...I used to like to go there until they closed down.

Has anyone tried going to the range at The Shootist? How is it? I'm back in town for a couple of weeks and am considering giving it a try.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The 'Silver Bullet' on 38th in Wheatridge, just a few blocks east of Wadsworth. 25 yards, five lanes.

G

·
We've got a good range in Colo Spgs, been open for about a year and great facility. Whispering Pine on the East side of town off of Hwy 24.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For those of you interested in a range "up North", there is a new private indoor range in Loveland. 25 yards maximum, but no caliber limitation on what you can shoot. Very nice setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts