HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When HK released the colored framed USP's, they were advertised by HK to include a "matching nylon carrying case."
You can see this on page 16 of the 2005 HK catalog linked here: https://www.scribd.com/document/115157573/HK-Catalog-2005-E

The Tacticals came with an OD or tan Eagle case, but the other colored USP's came with another type of case, as seen here.

My question is that I've seen the green and tan style of this case with the respected USP, however I've never seen the gray case that was supposed to come with the gray USP.

Were these ever released to the public? Anyone seen or have one?

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
The picture you posted looks more like the Tactical Tailor case that HK currently sells on their webshop, not the Eagle Industries USPT/Mark 23 case. The Eagle case I have does not have the HK logo on the outside, and has a clear plastic manual pouch on the inside (that has a nasty habit of getting ink imprints from the manual).

Edit: Never mind, doesn't look like the Tactical Tailor case, but doesn't look like my Eagle case either. Were those ever actual sold/shipped by H&K?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies folks, but it is not the Eagle case that the Mark 23, Experts, Tacticals, and Elites used to come in.
Also, a somewhat similar pistol case was offered on the HK Web Shop, but it is not that one either.

These cases came with the colored framed USP's (not Tactical and Mark 23 colored frame models, they had the Eagle case).
Further, these cases were in addition to the regular black plastic case that the colored USP's came in, similar to the present black plastic case.

And yes, HK did release these, at least in green and tan. My USP 45 in green came with one.
However, a lot of dealers didn't hand them out with the pistols.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Picky picky picky. I have some other pockets that aren't in this picture as well, but this is an original HK case. There are a bunch of other ones on HKparts.net as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
MY KK date coded .45 tactical came in the gray eagle case that VJB shows in his post.

My Expert came with the same eagle case but in black.

HK Ag

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think there were only 2 Gray USPs. The full size 45 and compact 40. I know gray had the fewest of all the colored frames. I have a Tan 45 Custom Combat and a Tan Compact 40. Both came in the plastic clamshell cases. I may be wrong.. But my guess - based on limited knowledge/ memory from what I have seen is that only the the Tan and Green Tacticals and the Tan Mark 23 came in soft cases. I may be wrong because I have seen so few Gray frames for sell. Toosixy or Frogman would most likely be able to confirm. If they don't run across this thread I'm sure they would be glad to answer you via PM.

Edit: just read that you said these were in addition to the black plastic case. Beats me. If so, most of the ones I've seen for sale recently, have been split up from the soft case. Excluding the Tacticals and Mark 23 of course. I've always just seen those with the soft case, so I assumed they were the only ones that had the soft cases. If what you're saying is true then I guess I need to hunt a couple down or I'll feel my collection is incomplete lol.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts

I ran across an article someone had written reviewing the colored USPs. It looks like he only mentions the tacticals coming in soft cases. Especially by this wording. Maybe they weren't released as the catalog advertised or maybe some distributors decided to split them up?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts