HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question because I was looking at my New to me Safe Queen $525 HK P2000 and my HK USPc both in 40 and the P2000 was AC and that means 2003 and the date code on my USPc I bought earlier this year is AG and that means 2007 am I right? Just trying to figure out if they are being produced at the same time because of the DHS contract has P2000 and HK USPc in 40 on them and also the USPc is standard for more Militarys than the P2000.

Also if I buy one .357 Sig barrel will it work with both or to be safe I should get one for each? Of course this is after I get magazines for them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Barrels are not the same. Mags are the same- don't need new mags for 357. Both the the P2000 and USPc are still in production, though I don't know that continuing production of either could be linked directly to any particular contract.

-424D57

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if the same barrel would work for both.They have different part #'s and the P2000 barrel is listed as slightly longer.The 40 mags should work, pretty sure the only difference is the stamp.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Just a quick question because I was looking at my New to me Safe Queen $525 HK P2000 and my HK USPc both in 40 and the P2000 was AC and that means 2003 and the date code on my USPc I bought earlier this year is AG and that means 2007 am I right? Just trying to figure out if they are being produced at the same time because of the DHS contract has P2000 and HK USPc in 40 on them and also the USPc is standard for more Militarys than the P2000. . .
Yes, the USP Compact and the P2000 have both been being produced simultaneously ever since the P2000 came out (the USP Compact came out first). The reason that you see more USP Compacts in the military is because they have a safety lever. The P2000 was developed more for police duty.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The P2000 is an LEM pistol in most of the world. The DA/SA version shows in the manual as the "USA Version" although I'm sure it's available elsewhere.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot that the A was 0 thak you for the correction. the P2000 is a 2002 then that means the guy never shot the thing. It is too pretty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts