HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after another successful trip at the range, I found myself wanting to get something in .45, and what else but an HK? I don't have another grand to drop on a second gun. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to trade up to a .45C?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Everyone's situation is different...but in my situation - I did exactly what you are proposing, albeit not straight across. I sold my P2000 + .40 ammo - to be able to purchase the 45c.
I went from having the P2000 LEM and USPc LEM, both in .40, to now having the HK45c and HK45, both in LEM - and couldn't be happier. :62:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! You must be me, 2 years ago. Lol.

I waited till I got my bonus from work and brought the HK45c to go along with my P2000, then I sold the P2000 for something LEM, ended up with... I forgot Lol.

If you seriously don't have the extra money to spend then my advice is to go ahead and trade it and be happy :wink:. The P2k is still a sought after gun because it's awesome but alot of gun shops can't get there hands on any so you can get some decent cash for it. BUT let me caution you this, if money is a concern then I would seriously reconsider getting into a .45 handgun especially the HK45(c). .45 ammo is twice the cost of 9mm so you'll be doubling what you spend in ammo and HK45(c) mags are 55$+...

You say you don't have a grand to drop on a extra pistol, think about this. 2000 rounds of .45 acp brought in bulk will cost you a grand and it's very realistic to go through 2000 rounds of ammo in a few months... If money is a concern this is just something I would worry about. It's something I didn't think of when I brought my first Hk45c and I wish I would have.

Can I ask why .45 acp? Not judging just wanna know why you want one.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Late last year I sold a P2000sk to by a 45c, couldn't be happier. Only problem is now the wife misses the sk and wants one for herself.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I did same thing, traded my p2000sk for my ridiculously bad ass .45c, then I still wanted a nine so I bought a p30

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol wow, glad to know I'm not alone on this. I think I'm gonna do it.
Darebear: I considered the cost of ammo and honestly, ordering ammo online, I don't have trouble finding .45 ammo for about the same price as .40, maybe $1-$2 more per box. I didn't realize the mags were that much more expensive, but I'll probably be fine with three, so that's only one more I have to buy. For the time being.
I'd like to get it DA/SA. Does the 45C have a variant with the decocker like the P2K? I was thinking about going LEM but I think I like a traditional hammer.

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Does the 45C have a variant with the decocker like the P2K? I was thinking about going LEM but I think I like a traditional hammer.
V1-V4 are DA/SA with safety/decocker, V3-V4 are decocker only (no safety). Though, V1 and V3 are commonly available.
It maybe worth more if you sell the P2000 on this forum than to trade it in at your LGS.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
V1-V4 are DA/SA with safety/decocker, V3-V4 are decocker only (no safety). Though, V1 and V3 are commonly available.
So the 45C V3 would be most similar to the P2K V3?

Also I'm based in NYC so everything is 100% trickier for no particular reason. I actually have to call my licensing officer to find out what I have to do and in exactly what order I have to do it in. (sell, trade, modify license, buy, modify license again, etc..)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Damn darebear!!! Where you buying ammo?! I get it here for $16 a box of 50. That equates to roughly $640 for 2000 rounds.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
That equates to roughly $640 for 2000 rounds.
Man, I am glad I have a 9mm! I just ordered 2000 rounds of quality brass case 124gr FMJ for less than $400....including shipping.

:52:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Damn darebear!!! Where you buying ammo?! I get it here for $16 a box of 50. That equates to roughly $640 for 2000 rounds.
Midway USA. Where are you getting 16 dollar boxes of .45 ammo? You must be shooting blazer. I don't shoot that crap, it fouled up a Glock 17 I had really bad.

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Midway USA. Where are you getting 16 dollar boxes of .45 ammo? You must be shooting blazer. I don't shoot that crap, it fouled up a Glock 17 I had really bad.
I've been buying .45 ammo from SGammo.com for about $17.20 a box (including shipping). Federal American Eagle 230gr FMJ.

Plus $25 shipping = $344 = $17.20/box.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I didn't realize the mags were that much more expensive, but I'll probably be fine with three, so that's only one more I have to buy. For the time being.
Good. 3 HK mags is more than fine, but it seems like the fad now is to be a prepper and stock up on a million mags. I joined the movement, I have 8 mags. 3 for carry. 1 for dry firing and the other 4 in my bug out bag.

I'd like to get it DA/SA. Does the 45C have a variant with the decocker like the P2K? I was thinking about going LEM but I think I like a traditional hammer.
Are you asking if the decocker is in the same location?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I've been buying .45 ammo from SGammo.com for about $17.20 a box (including shipping). Federal American Eagle 230gr FMJ.

Plus $25 shipping = $344 = $17.20/box.

Wow that's cheap! Site said something about it being family owned. Is this reloaded ammo?

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
Wow that's cheap! Site said something about it being family owned. Is this reloaded ammo?
No, they are brand-new ammo, not reloaded. Their prices are pretty good, much better than elsewhere. If you order in the morning, by noon, they'll ship the same day. I ordered some on Friday around 2:30p and it was shipped an hour later.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
No, they are brand-new ammo, not reloaded. Their prices are pretty good, much better than elsewhere. If you order in the morning, by noon, they'll ship the same day. I ordered some on Friday around 2:30p and it was shipped an hour later.
The More You Know!!!

Thanks, I will check them out. Great now I'll be able to shoot my .45c more.

I wonder why Midway and Cheaperthandirt still sells ammo like Federal @ 20$+/box if these folks can sell it for way cheaper.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts