HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. Please understand if my English is bad. I am a Hispanic American so English is not my first language.

After I became a American citizen I want to buy a P2000 and went to a gunshop. There is a P2000 LEM at the gun store but he said he doesnt know what version it is.

When I checked HK USA website, there are several versions like V1,V2,V3,V4,V5 and I definitely want a v1. Im pretty sure it is not a V3 because it was an LEM version. However, he said he doesnt know which version it is and I have to figure it out. I said I wont buy it if it is not a v1 and he said I have to make a 50% deposit wich is $400 if I still want to buy it later. After I made a deposit, he said I have to buy the gun in two days otherwise I lose the money.

So please let me know how to figure out what version a P2000 is. We looked at the gun carefully and there was no version numbers.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Box should say it...as well as the manila envelope that holds the spent casing.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I almost guarantee it is V2. All P2000's that are LEM come stock V2. The only way that you would have V1 or V4 is if somebody converted it. If you want to be absolutely sure, ask the shop owner if he has a trigger pull gauge and weigh the trigger pull. Should be about a 8 pound break.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I almost guarantee it is V2. All P2000's that are LEM come stock V2. The only way that you would have V1 or V4 is if somebody converted it. If you want to be absolutely sure, ask the shop owner if he has a trigger pull gauge and weigh the trigger pull. Should be about a 8 pound break.
+1 if it is NIB then it's a V2. HK doesn't ship the P2000 LEM in the V1 config and I don't even think the higher number Variants like DAO and CDA aren't sold in the US even even though the CDA is the same as the LEM. If you want a V1 LEM NIB I'd get with Mike from Cross Creek or TGS, they have P30, P30L's and HK45c's in stock with the light LEM so they might have a P2000 light LEM.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome Aboard, f15estrikeeagle!

I agree with the others. Your P2000 is almost certainly a Variant 2.

Best of luck with it!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Searching for a P2000 or P2000SK V1 may be fruitless and time consuming. My P2000SK came from the factory as V2 -- heavy LEM.

A trigger weight scale, which I'd expect a gun shop to have for their own use, will tell ya. Cycle the slide to cock the pistol first. V2 ran 9+ pounds on mine. After conversion to V1 it's about 5.5 pounds after cycling the slide.

Quick and dirty using the "finger scale": Cycle the slide and pull the trigger twice. If the first is graphically lighter than the second it's not V2.

Another clue: The trigger rebound spring is flat section wire on standard LEM; round cross section on other versions. The flat section wire can be viewed looking under the trigger guard without any disassembly

It's simply a matter of two springs to drop the trigger down to V1 weight. Your kitchen table and a few minutes work at most. Most exotic tool you need is a roll pin punch to remove the firing pin stop and replace the spring under it. Trigger rebound spring is frustrating to swap, but you'll figure it out.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
It's simply a matter of two springs to drop the trigger down to V1 weight. Your kitchen table and a few minutes work at most. Most exotic tool you need is a roll pin punch to remove the firing pin stop and replace the spring under it. Trigger rebound spring is frustrating to swap, but you'll figure it out.
You forgot the needle-nose pliers and possibly a vice, Chuck. :wink:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
It's simply a matter of two springs to drop the trigger down to V1 weight.

-- Chuck
Don't you have to change the hammer spring too?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't you have to change the hammer spring too?
Negative. Factory V1's still use the heavy hammer spring;changing to the lighter hammer spring along w/ both the lighter trs and fpbs would be a new variant even lighter than the V1.Some use the lighter hammer spring with just the lighter fpbs to make the Todd Green Special - in between a V4 and V1. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
As noted you'll need thin needle nose pliers. And you may want to file a notch in both sides to hold the trigger rebound spring firmly. I've spend too much chasing the trigger rebound springs around to change another one with out modifying some pliers!

The P2000 does have a different hammer (214300) spring in the DA/SA version that I suspect is lighter than that in the LEM version. (I can't find a different spring for my P2000SK though.)

-- Chuck

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Negative. Factory V1's still use the heavy hammer spring;changing to the lighter hammer spring along w/ both the lighter trs and fpbs would be a new variant even lighter than the V1.Some use the lighter hammer spring with just the lighter fpbs to make the Todd Green Special - in between a V4 and V1. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I suspect that is true, too. However, I would think it'd be unsafe to carry one that is even lighter than V1.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As noted you'll need thin needle nose pliers. And you may want to file a notch in both sides to hold the trigger rebound spring firmly. I've spend too much chasing the trigger rebound springs around to change another one with out modifying some pliers!

-- Chuck
My first set of springs took 4 hours, 5 minute on the firing pin block spring and 3 hours 55 minutes on the trigger return spring! I wore out a set of knee pads getting up and down after dropping the TRS spring off the table. My wife was ready to file for the big "D" as she ask me for a little help at 2 hours 15 minutes into the adventure! Note, I tried jeweler's pliers as well as every set of needle nose pliers I had!

In leiu of trying to push the spring leg back onto the trigger seat, I finally set the trigger leg first, then angled the punch back to the mag well and use a heavy paper clip I make a hook on and pulled the frame leg up onto the frame seat. All of my P2000 SK ( a 9mm, 40 S & W, 357 Sig) have been converted to a V1. Sweet Squeezes now!

Hope this helps with anyone trying to convert to V1!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bet it is a V2 as well.

Onacoma- it took you over 4 hrs to switch the firing block spring? You're scaring me...I just bought the FB spring to make my V2 a bit lighter.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

Onacoma- it took you over 4 hrs to switch the firing block spring? You're scaring me...I just bought the FB spring to make my V2 a bit lighter.
He said it only took 5 min to change the FPBS. The TRS is what took forever. FPBS is a breeze to change.

·
Registered
63 Posts

No, the Firing Pin Block Spring took only 5 Minutes with slide disassemble! :660:

The Trigger Return Spring took 3 hours 55 minutes the first weapon, learning curve! Total on the first V1 conversion was 4 hours. After the learning curve and using the "Hook" to set the Trigger Return Spring, I can now do a V1 conversion in ± 20 Minutes from start to finish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts