HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I took my newly purchased (old) P2000 to the range yesterday and shot a few boxes of ammo. It was having some difficulty ejecting the casings which I attributed to user error. However, after a few magazines, I saw that the slide release lever had worked itself out of the slide (like how you would pull it out to disassemble the pistol). Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I stuck it back in and kept an eye on it for the next two boxes and didn't notice it wiggling loose again, but I'm wondering if there is something I should do to fix it lest it happens again...

The ammo I was using was just regular Blazer Brass 115g, so I don't think that caused it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You need to shoot it some more, and see if it happens again. If it doesn't, you know that you didn't have it in properly to begin with. If it does happen again, I believe that you could have some wear issues with the slide lock lever. What do you mean, "having some difficulty ejecting casings.?"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean, "having some difficulty ejecting casings.?"
Empty casings were getting stuck in the ejection port instead of flying out.

I'll take your advice and shoot it some more, keeping an eye on it to see if it happens again!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I recommend running a couple hundred rounds of 124gr Federal American Eagle or Speer Lawman through your P2000. It should run better on that ammo. Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help! I went to the range today with another brand of ammo (Fiocchi) and didn't have any issues with the slide lever or ejections. But when I tried to use up my last few boxes of Blazer Brass, practically every other round would FTE. I guess I won't be buying that brand again!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I haven't had any issues with Blazer Brass...........it's not a strong load. You say it's "old". You may have an ejector issue. You may also want to get a new recoil spring setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't had any issues with Blazer Brass...........it's not a strong load. You say it's "old". You may have an ejector issue. You may also want to get a new recoil spring setup.
I purchased it via PPT and the previous owner said he only shot 50 rounds through it...how would I know if it an ejector or recoil spring issue? Would the wear be evident on the parts? Also, I was having an issue (again with just Blazer Brass) where the new bullet wouldn't feed properly up the ramp; it'd get stuck halfway (see photo) - could that be related to the ejector or recoil spring as well?

Thanks for your patience...this is my first gun so I'm learning as I go!

http://imgur.com/a/ONOxT

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am not familiar with PPT??????? Don't take my question as offensive. How much experience do you have? Was this firearm cleaned and lubed before range time? What year of manufacture is this firearm?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No offense taken! PPT is "private party transfer" which just means I purchased it from another individual instead of from the store. I looked it up, and I guess it's a state-specific term (I'm in California). I only have a few months' experience, but the firearm was cleaned and lubed before I went to the range this time. The gun was manufactured in 2009.

I'm going to the range again this weekend, so I'm going to try a few different brands of ammo and see if the problem pops up again. It could very well an issue with me instead of the gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts