HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new never fired 9mm P2000 and my slightly used G17 2nd generation to the indoor range today, ammo used was WWB and [email protected],i like [email protected] , the [email protected] seemed more accurate but not by much and the Range has cases of it for $157. I picked the P2000 first and shot about 50 rounds to get used to it and it shot great i really liked the S/A trigger. The G17 was next , when i picked it up it felt big and bulky compared to the P2000 , the P2000 seemed to melt into my hand its the winner in the comfort and feel dept. I shot the G17 recoil was different and maybe less snappy but so was the accuracy and i think thats due to the S/A trigger on the P2000. The P2000 was getting around 1 to 3 inch groups and the G17 3 to 4 at 7-10 yds, again i think due to the comfort level and trigger of the HK it wins in this area too. Please remember i havent shot the Glock in awhile and the HK is new i may get better with one or the other as time goes on. The pic below was shot with the P2000 at 7yds,the first two shots were in the eyes, the next two the right shoulder ,then the midsection, two of the shots in the group near the hand were in D/A mode .Due to the heavier trigger pull i thought for sure i pulled those two off the paper but was surprised to see they landed in the group. All the rest of the shots were in the head.For referance the two shots near the right shoulder measure 1.5 inches. I think the P2000 is my new favorite !
[img=http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9845/hkp2000v3ke8.th.jpg]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh BTW the little group in the forehead just above the eyes is a 3 shot group 1/2 inch center to center one after the other. This is how accurate the P2000 is !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice report, sounds like fun. I love shooting my Glock 26's and USPc 9. The USP is slightly more accurate for me and I use it cocked and locked, only shooting it single action. Maybe you already know this, but if you practice the minimum reset with your Glock it helps accuracy quite a lot. That way you avoid pulling through the take-up after the first shot.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Great report! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
28 Posts
P2000 SK V2 .40 Accuracy & Recoil

Nice, I thought it was just me ;-) I didn't have a Glock or even my USP/c .40 to compare but three range trips in as many weeks with my brand new P2000 SK .40 (w/o having fired a gun in 18 months) and I was shocked by its performace.....especially from a sub-compact! It made me look good to say the least!

On the third range trip of 100 rounds fired, I even ran my target all the way to the back of the indoor range for one nine-round magazine (which is 51 feet) and got a 7" overall group size. The furthest round from the center of the target was slightly over 3.5". I have never shot that well in my life.....and I'm not that good so I chose not to fire another magazine at that particular target. The credit in order of importance goes to the P2000 SK .40, simple luck, and finally the pistol training I recieved a few years ago. Of course I realize this is not competition level but for me it was quite good. The P2000 SK is AWESOME!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts