HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the pistol yesterday. I haven't cleaned it yet, had to do some hurricane prep. Initial feelings about the pistol. Feelings not facts. I traded a Glock 26 in, and picked up the SK. The 26 had that hump that felt reassuring in the palm of my hand, but for the life of me I couldn't fill in the space of the web on my hand. I tried to ride it high and no avail.

P2000SK like most compacts has the pinky issue, however the rubber toe lets me cheat because it gives. My middle and ring fingers fill the grip and have to work on the pinky. If I slide my fingers out a bit the grip is perfect, the pinky slips in, full grip. Back to the feelings. The HK feels like a machine as opposed to a gun. It feels like a well made machine and I just feel more confident.

I'll put a few hundred rounds through tomorrow and see how it goes.

I picked up the HK SP5K yesterday as well, Michaels Machines did it, and added the paddle also. But that's another thread.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I personally hate the pinky extension and went with flat base plates. Recommend yout upgrade to the extended mag release. BTW you can drop in an OEM 357 barrel for some extra fun!

Enjoy your new SK

Barth

Hint Hint

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Congratulations on the recent acquisitions--- we will await the report on the P2000sk!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Congrats on your new P2000SK!
Let us know your thoughts after the range session! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I personally hate the pinky extension and went with flat base plates. Recommend yout upgrade to the extended mag release. BTW you can drop in an OEM 357 barrel for some extra fun!

Enjoy your new SK

Barth
I'm pretty happy with the flat floor plates, as well. You'll notice that with the flat floor plates it's a little longer than your G26, and you won't be able to curl your finger as far under as you can with the baby Glocks. The SK is a great gun and will serve you well, though. Good luck, and stay safe with the weather coming!

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I did visit and buy some stuff from HKparts. I ordered the extended mag release, two flat floor plates, one extended floor plate, and some items I didn't need, oops. I did buy an armorers puck, couldn't pull the trigger on the $35 difference. Back to the P2000. The mag release was surprisingly easy to depress, but still prefer a larger thumb table. The decocker on this pistol is much better than the last pistol I bought. Yep, the P2000sk was one of my regret guns. Sold it, no sweat, next day I wanted it back. Five years later a new one showed up. Decocker is crisp and definite, click and we're safe.

I worked with metal my entire working life and without getting carried away I know when something is put together or put together well. These HKs are put together well. They ooze quality. USP Tac in 40, I hear it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You made a good choice. Since my old eyes don't work the way they used to, I own all carry(defensive) compact firearms now, and that's what I practice with. The P2SK is my most accurate and well made of the bunch. I also have the oversize mag release and use XS Big Dots. The HK and the sights have made me a better and more accurate shooter.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I remember a NYPD pistolero and family friend give advice many years ago. He was an instructor and trick shooter with a 38 revolver. Y'know cut the Ace of Spades in half, shoot an axe and put both candles out. He was also one of the guys sent in to calm situations. Anyway he had his guys block their grips, removed from the frame and hold it in their hands for hours a day. I put the P sk in my hand last night, got a comfortable position, and held it for an hour. My hand cramped up a few times, but I did find it more comfortable after a while, and with good purchase. I'll put a few hundred rounds down range, once this hurricane passes, and also practice holstering and drawing the weapon. Muscle memory will take care of itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts