HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently traded somebody my P2000 for his P30. The P30 is super clean everywhere but the trigger bar. The bar looks like someone took a razor blade and scratched it all up. When I take off the slide, I can see the slide makes contact with the bar. Is that normal? I did not have this type of wear on my P2000. I am new to HK pistols (I changed over from Glock), so maybe I have not had enough time behind them to notice any real wear and tear.

Thanks.

IMG_0175.JPG

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would not call that normal wear. The top portion of the bar may develop some light polishing over time, but those do look like scratches. The pic below is of a bar pulled from my beater P30 with over 85k rounds on it.
20170702_220619.jpg
Mechanically, any wear should be linear, IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked the inside of the slide. It is 100% clean with hardly any wear except for the normal wear where the barrel hood contacts the slide. I would have assumed the slide would have some wear in the same area it contacts the bar, but it doesn't. How difficult was it to change that part out on your pistol?

·
Registered
167 Posts
How difficult was it to change that part out on your pistol?
Pretty simple if you are mechanically inclined. TooSixy should have detailed instructions for a full frame strip. Good call on checking the inside of the slide for matching wear, but keep in mind it is a harder part, and should not wear at the same rate.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Maybe the previous owner was trying smoothing out the trigger bar?

The trigger bar does move and touch the slide to engage the Firing Pin Block when trigger is pulled back. If you flip the slide over, you will see a long, shiny metal strip right in the middle, near the bottom half of the slide. To the left of it is the Firing Pin Block and that is where the trigger bar makes contact with the slide.

You will need to detail strip the frame to swap out the trigger bar. There is a tutorial in the Reference Library that you can use.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi everyone,

I recently traded somebody my P2000 for his P30. The P30 is super clean everywhere but the trigger bar. The bar looks like someone took a razor blade and scratched it all up. When I take off the slide, I can see the slide makes contact with the bar. Is that normal? I did not have this type of wear on my P2000. I am new to HK pistols (I changed over from Glock), so maybe I have not had enough time behind them to notice any real wear and tear.

Thanks.

View attachment 124641
I agree that it looks like the previous owner messed with it, since the scratches are long, many and not all aligned in the same direction. That part could have just been dropped on the factory floor while HK was assembling the gun, but that seems less likely. It's not too tricky to swap that part out, but you will need to remove the hammer and sear assembly to do it. If you have ever worked on a car, or even if you played with Legos when you were a kid, you should be able to figure it out if you go slow and watch the tutorials closely, but to be honest, it's not like it affects how the gun functions. If it doesn't bother you, it's probably fine to leave it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Always inspect a gun even taking it apart when you buy it from other person we see this so common it's not even funny but hard lesson learn I'm sure. The upside is you can get it replace but still sucks sorry to hear about that always a bummer to hear no matter what.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! Everything functions fine, so I'm sure it is just a cosmetic issue caused by the previous owner. As for changing the trigger bar, I only plan to change it if I decide to sell it down the road. Lakelandman, I 100% agree. I will definitely be more thorough with my inspections of future purchases. I guess I got off easy this time around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts