HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Could you please give me your honest assessments of the DA/SA trigger on the p30 (smoothness, length, reset, etc.)? Also, if anyone has a SIG p229 and could compare and contrast the triggers and how easy or hard it is to go from one to the other, I would really appreciate it!

Regards,

AmicusCuriae

·
Registered
166 Posts
I purchase a P30 and an HK45 within one week of each other and was much more impressed with the HK45's trigger.

But after putting a couple of hundred rounds through my P30 the trigger is starting to feel better. The effort required to drop the hammer has gone down a good bit. The trigger still has a longer reset than the HK45, though.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I purchase a P30 and an HK45 within one week of each other and was much more impressed with the HK45's trigger.

But after putting a couple of hundred rounds through my P30 the trigger is starting to feel better. The effort required to drop the hammer has gone down a good bit. The trigger still has a longer reset than the HK45, though.

Exact opposite here I like the P30 trigger but don't like the HK45 trigger. Or trigger guard for that matter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trigger still has a longer reset than the HK45, though.
Can you tell me a little bit more about the p30 reset? Is it longer than the LEM system or a normal DA/SA trigger? Does the length of the reset have a negative effect during rapid fire for you?

Thanks,

AmicusCuriae

·
Registered
151 Posts
The breaking point for the P30 is a bit hard to find for most people that shoot the gun the first time. Just about everyone I've let shoot my P30 has dumped the first shot on SA. The reset is a bit longer than most of the Sig's I've shot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Personally, I find the DA pull on both the P30 and the HK45 to be very, very heavy...and I personally really, really do NOT like a strong DA first trigger pull....

because of that I will always use the HK45 in cocked and locked...

Because of the nature of the P30, with the rear-slide mounted decocker, I won't be getting a P30...

I have never been a big fan of the idea that you will "hammer back" when faced with a combat situation....and therefore I either want one constant trigger pull (striker fired) or the ability to have one (like cocked and locked single action)

i cannot wait for the HK45c though.....(or a P30 with a side mounted decocker/safety)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Could you please explain further?

Thanks!

AmicusCuriae
I think the HK45 trigger has alot of slop in it that my P30 doesn't have in it. In addition my finger hits the mag release on every shot with the HK45 but not with the P30.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been shooting Sig's for a few years now and very accustomed to it's trigger system. I just recently got a P30 and in comparison, the P30's trigger is longer through it's entire stroke and the reset is much longer as well. I said it's so long that it may as well be an LEM, at least then you can get a lighter pull. It's still workable, but it's longer and heavier and a lot smoother.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I guess it all depends on your perspective. I find the P30's trigger to be pretty smooth through both strokes and not so heavy in DA mode that it can't be easily manipulated. If you aggressively prep the DA stroke it turns out fairly nice, I think, especially considering the rest of the package this pistol brings to the table.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A freind and member here did notice that the firing pin safety was pretty stiff and he thought it was more than likely the LEM spring. His thought was that if you get the DA/SA spring and drop it in it should be a few pounds lighter and keep it from stacking towards the end of the DA stroke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts