HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love my p30, but i hate the trigger. I love my vp9, and i like the trigger, but it could be better.

I was thinking about sending them both off to grayguns or bill springfield for trigger jobs. Anyone have any experience with either of these 2 shops? Or can give a reccomendation?

As far as the p30 goes, how good can they get the trigger? Some guns i feel like even with work the results are never worth it because you never get them more than "meh" quality.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I would shoot at least 1000 rounds before deciding but if you have or feel like you must get a trigger job Lazy Wolf all the way

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just read about lazy and rick, and yeah he seems like the go to guy.

I have plenty of rounds through both guns. i've owned the p30 for years and used it in many training classes. Shoots very accurately for me, just hate the trigger.

His time frame seems to be quite long though. i was hoping to be able to get it back by end of may and hearing 10-12 weeks makes that impossible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sent a P30 .40 V1 to Bill Springfield about two years ago or so and he did excellent work. Trigger job and reset package. About two weeks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Grayguns did the trigger on my P30 and I am very happy with it. A world of difference from the factory trigger. I also like that they coat all of the parts that were worked on. I am getting ready to send my P30sk to them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sent my VP9 to Bill Springfield in April 2016. I requested pull weight reduction to 4.1 - 4.5 pounds, reduced creep (sear engagement stoning), reduced reset and overtravel, and an accuracy mod. The accuracy mod is a tiny bead soldered/welded to the bottom of the barrel under the feedramp, then stoned to achieve a tighter lockup in battery. Bill received my VP9 on a Saturday, did the work, and shipped it back that same Saturday(!) Trigger pull came back at a very consistent 4.3 pounds, much crisper, smoother/shorter reset, etc. I could not distinguish an accuracy improvement, as it was already accurate as heck! I did talk to Bill about a hitch in take-up, but no action was taken on that. I later discovered it to be the disconnector hump problem, and cleaned that up nicely with a light slipstone touchup and a rouge polish with a dremel buffer pad based on info elsewhere on HKPRO. Overall I'm very pleased with Bill's attitude, service, quality of work, turnaround and price ($133 total for all above, including return to my FFL). I've since put a solid slide end-cap and an aluminum firing pin sleeve in it, and have a Lobos trigger on the way (back in stock as of this morning FYI!). If I had more money and could be away from my VP9 for that long, I would definitely go the GrayGuns route. Lazy Wolf sounds like a good option to consider but I wasn't aware of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts