HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures from the inside of my P30 slide:

I know that wear is normal where the slide and top of barrel come together during recoil however, I just want to make sure that the amount of wear on my gun isn't greater than normal.

All my Hk's show wear in that area but, the P30 shows the same amount of wear after 200 rounds compared to 500-1000 rounds in my other Hk's.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Perfectly normal.

Do you have a lot of time on your hands?

You've got a lot more to worry about than that little bit of wear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfectly normal.

Do you have a lot of time on your hands?

You've got a lot more to worry about than that little bit of wear.
It's funny you ask, I've had the last 2 weeks off!!!

I just wanted to make sure this looked normal for 200 rounds. Like I mentioned in my other thread the P30 runs like a top and I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That wear is perfectly normal. I have been applying a light coat of Weapon Shield CLP on the top of the barrel and on any contact areas and there is barely any ware on my gun. My P30 has almost 1K rounds and looks like it has under 200. Weapon Shield CLP works great!

http://www.weaponshield.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks normal to me, mine has about 750 rounds now, and machining swirls are starting to appear. I have a slightly lower round count on my HK45 (500 rounds), and the swirls have appeared also.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That wear is perfectly normal. I have been applying a light coat of Weapon Shield CLP on the top of the barrel and on any contact areas and there is barely any ware on my gun. My P30 has almost 1K rounds and looks like it has under 200. Weapon Shield CLP works great!

Where can one get it in New York? Or is someone travelling to Frankfurt/Main who could import a can of it?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts

+100 for Weapon Shield! Its an amazing weapon lube! You can order it from the website Mark posted. If you want to stop the wear 'n tear in its tracks - have the slide and barrel hard chromed or IonBond put on it! :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will be ordering some WeaponShield soon and giving it a try. I just looked at the website and it looks impressive so far.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will be ordering some WeaponShield soon and giving it a try. I just looked at the website and it looks impressive so far.
You will be very happy with it. I may try to take some pics of my P30 to show how little ware there is with close to 1000 rounds of various ammo through the gun.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Forgot to mention that anyone interested should email the President George C. Fennell and ask for a free sample of the Weapon Shield. He was sending them to out not to long ago. The free sample is what got me hooked and made me a believer :).

[email protected]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Actually I noticed the wear tonight while cleaning the gun from it's first range sessions.
I put a little Slide Glide on all sliding surfaces of all my guns. My P220 innards still look brand new after 650 rounds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there,

I ordered 20oz of WS using their internet shop but did not receive anything except the order confirmation so far. Should I be concerned :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Remember that you can always call your credit card company and reverse the charge. You did pay with a credit card, right? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, CC over Paypal :40: However, I got an eMail from them today:

"Shipping has been slow because of the holiday rush and the huge demand on
this product. I will advise you as to the shipping date, and an expected
delivery date shortly. "

·
Registered
383 Posts
Weapon Shield is good stuff, I've been using it recently along with Lithi-Shield and couldn't be happier. Plus it's fairly inexpensive compared to other stuff.

Be patient, they're good people.

Oh, and the needle oiler is a good thing to get too. Makes putting it in those hard to reach spots much easier, and it helps control the amount you want to use.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts