HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I am the new kid on the HK block and very happy to be here! I have few questions about this bad boy and I hope I can find some answers here. First, let it be known that I am still on the fence between the HK P30l 9mm and the new XDM 5.25. I have shot them both and they are both excellent to say the least. So with all do respect to all the HK fans and the XDM fans, I am just trying to get an unbiased and fair advice. There is about $200 difference in price but I know HK is worth it so we don't need to beat this dead horse.
Now, when it comes to the PL30, it's very difficult to fing here in Michigan and it is priced around a $1000 out the door. Most of them are V3 and speaking with others, I was told to look for the V1 which has the LEM trigger. I was "warned" that it would have the Saftey lever which is the "S" model and some people are not big fans of that. I know the damn thing fits like a glove but does anybody know what is the pull on the V3 Vs. the V1 LEM? is it worth it?
Availabily and pricing: I looked at Gunbroker, Gunsamerica and Buds, does anybody know another place where I can get a decent deal?
Did anybody change the sights on the P30? what did you get? is it any better than what comes with it?
Once again, I am trying to educate myself as much as I can before parting away with my cash. I appreciate all your input.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
What's up Rookie. Check this place out: HK P30 Handguns For Sale | P30S

H&K P30LS Long Slide 9mm, LEM, V1, fixed sights
SKU: HK730901L

Brand new Heckler & Koch P30LS chambered in 9mm, 4.5 lb. light LEM V1 trigger with ambi-safety, standard fixed sights and two 15 round magazines.
Must ship to a U.S. FFL dealer

$879.95

Also, the LEM trigger break is around 8 pounds, light LEM is 4.5# and yes the light lem is worth it. Lots of people on this forum have changed their sights on their P30's. Just poke around and ask.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool but...

First of all, Thank you for your response. I have already checked that website but it is out of stock. I spoke with HK directly and they gave me that same SKU of HKM730901L.
Just for clarification you make it sound like there is an LEM AND a light LEM? I thought the LEM was just the lighter than the stock that comes on the V3. Sorry if I sound a bit confused but that is why I am calling myself a rookie, lol
I forgot to ask, Ammo, do you have any recommendations? brands, grain..etc
I wanna use this for gun range practice for the most part and the damn ammo price goes up every day. I was planning to buy like a 1000 rounds which IMHO, I call bulk but I am still looking at 24-25 cents per round after the damn S&H.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Hey there, yes there is stock LEM and a Light LEM. LEM basically means DAO and no safety. I have a USP9 and .45C both with Light LEM. The trigger break is at 4.5# instead of regular LEM which is about 8#? No worries there is so much to learn, I consider myself a rookie too. There are lots of really cool people who know WAY more than I do on this forum. They are very knowledgeable and kind to boot. They helped me tons when I was looking for my first USP.

For 9mm ammo, I use 147 grain Finocchi and love it, never had any type of failure. I have shot both the P30 and P30L and they are both fantastic pistols. Good luck, have fun, you'll find that P30L!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is getting too confusing, lol
I know there are V1,V2 and V3. The V3 is the one I saw on the internet most of the time. I will have to contact HK again tomorrow and ask about this LEM light and LEM. I was looking around the forum for sights and man oh man, you can spend hours and hours of reading about new stuff. Where do you go to buy your Ammo? what do you pay for that Finocchi? Thanks for the link but for my first gun, I want it to be brand spankin new, lol

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I did the same, I bought a brand new USP. I buy my ammo from the local range. They have good prices and I like to supprt them. I pay $16/box of 50 Finocchi 147 grain. They also sell 115 grain 9mm L&B ammo for $13/box 50.

As far as sights go, it's like asking someone what beer they prefer. I have been looking at Trijicon's and Meprolight night sights I'm not sure I am a fan of the Heinie Straight 8's ..as I am used to three dots. good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately all the local gun shops here just ask for too much money to "support" them, lol
I am ok with supporting another out of state gun shop that will support me back so I can buy some more !

I just want the brightest sight out there. I heard that the TruGlo TFO are the best as they can work off any light and you don't need to charge them at all. It will be a project that I will have to mess with once I recover from the purchase price of that gun and the safe and all that other happy stuff.

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts