HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got the P30L to the range this afternoon. After a good cleaning/lube with Ballistol & TW25B I purchased a case of the Winchester 124gr NATO to test functionality. Went with the large sides and medium backstrap as this felt the best to me. Put 150 rounds of the NATO stuff down the pipe and everything performed with perfection. Did have one magazine where the slide did not lock back but likely due to me hitting the release lever. I've been a striker fired guy so I need to get use to that long first pull and short reset. Gotta say the trigger took me by surprise the first magazine through her. With time I am confident I will get familiar with the trigger. The NATO stuff in my opinion definitely has a bit of bite to it. I sold all of my 115gr stuff to get 124gr just to be safe since the P30L (according to many, many posts here) seems to enjoy eating the 124gr ammo. The NATO ammo was a lot dirtier than any Lawman 115gr I've ever shot. The gun was downright filthy after 150 rounds. It was a great range visit. The brass literally gets shot out of the chamber (unlock my Glock). Had my 10 year old son put a magazine down the pipe as well and there were no "limp wrist" issues, although the brass did not eject as far.
Very happy to be a HK guy !!

NOTE: I purchased 5 different brands of 124gr ammo. Once they arrive I will be doing a bit of a test/trial to see if any provide different results. That will be an a few weeks. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Finally got the P30L to the range this afternoon. After a good cleaning/lube with Ballistol & TW25B I purchased a case of the Winchester 124gr NATO to test functionality. Went with the large sides and medium backstrap as this felt the best to me. Put 150 rounds of the NATO stuff down the pipe and everything performed with perfection. Did have one magazine where the slide did not lock back but likely due to me hitting the release lever. I've been a striker fired guy so I need to get use to that long first pull and short reset. Gotta say the trigger took me by surprise the first magazine through her. With time I am confident I will get familiar with the trigger. The NATO stuff in my opinion definitely has a bit of bite to it. I sold all of my 115gr stuff to get 124gr just to be safe since the P30L (according to many, many posts here) seems to enjoy eating the 124gr ammo. The NATO ammo was a lot dirtier than any Lawman 115gr I've ever shot. The gun was downright filthy after 150 rounds. It was a great range visit. The brass literally gets shot out of the chamber (unlock my Glock). Had my 10 year old son put a magazine down the pipe as well and there were no "limp wrist" issues, although the brass did not eject as far. Very happy to be a HK guy !!

NOTE: I purchased 5 different brands of 124gr ammo. Once they arrive I will be doing a bit of a test/trial to see if any provide different results. That will be an a few weeks. Stay tuned.

Great you have a winner. Very nice range write up. I'm surprised there were no problem's when your son shot it being a brand new gun. My range session was brief but i saw all i needed to know. I even shot some Mag-tech 115gr no problem's. The brass stayed closer compared to the 124gr Nato but that will alway's be that way. (different gr. and power factor's)...the trigger you'll learn quick. Dry fire a good amount that help's alot!..thank's for sharing and Nice pic.!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Nice enjoy mine as well, just wish it was an LEM
I've had HK's since around 1995 and have never even seen a LEM...i just like mine DA/SA but some like their LEM's. I would try one before i bought one. I just don't have a desire to change what work's so well for me. Good luck you might could trade your's for a LEM on the forum if you like that platform better...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts