HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my P30L and it is my everyday carry gun along with my Ruger LCR 22 WMR, backup. The double-action trigger however is somewhat troubling and I have never been able to master it with my tendinitis. I see that "Gray Guns" has a $350 action job that they perform on the pistol. Has anyone had this companies or another one's work done on their pistol to improve the trigger? If you have and can share any experiences it would be appreciated. I assume that by having the work done one voids the warranty with HK? I do not shoot my gun that often since I have multiple 9 mm but I would very much like to improve the trigger. Currently I have 5200 rounds through my HK P30L. Thank you and happy shooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have the HK P30L but I do have the HK P30S V3 with the DA/SA trigger and I sent both my 9mm and .40 Caliber to Robert Burke (The Sig Armorer (HK Carry Trigger Job)) and was very pleased with the results (the big difference was he basically eliminated the "creep" between the DA to SA reset). To me it made it a more enjoyable pistol to shoot (to me enjoyable is decreasing my group size) while at the range. It is also only a range gun for my use.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a P30L that I converted from V3 (DA/SA) to V0 (Light LEM, spurred hammer retaining the de-cocking function). I also dropped a match spring set in it. It made the trigger better, but the reset was still longer than I like.

I shot it this way for another 1500 rds or so, then sent it to Lazy Wolf Guns for his Master Reset Reduction Package and plated the internals which then was just shy of $300. Rick Holm, was Gray Guns HK guy till heading out on his own. This has made a night and day difference in my P30L. Every trigger function (LEM and de-cocked DA) is smoother and lighter, most importantly the reset is now shorter than my HK45T AND my VP9. I was/am so impressed with his work, my HKP2000 is there now getting the same treatment, plus some extras. Rick will warranty his work.

Lazy Wolf Guns, a leader in H&K and SIG pistolsmithing innovation

Chuck

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
I love my P30L and it is my everyday carry gun along with my Ruger LCR 22 WMR, backup. The double-action trigger however is somewhat troubling and I have never been able to master it with my tendinitis. I see that "Gray Guns" has a $350 action job that they perform on the pistol. Has anyone had this companies or another one's work done on their pistol to improve the trigger? If you have and can share any experiences it would be appreciated. I assume that by having the work done one voids the warranty with HK? I do not shoot my gun that often since I have multiple 9 mm but I would very much like to improve the trigger. Currently I have 5200 rounds through my HK P30L. Thank you and happy shooting.
Did you do a search for Gray Guns? Lots to read.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I did $10 in spring changes to my P30L that improved the DA trigger pull quite a bit now at a very smooth 8.5 LBs.

A lighter than the stock 12LB hammer spring and the lighter firing pin block spring.

I used the Wolff 10LB hammer spring and so far after another 1000 plus rounds no issues. The HK USP Compact hammer spring can also be used which is rated between 10-11 pounds.

As always with any such changes you want to run a fair amount of rounds through it to test for reliability.

https://www.gunsprings.com/HK - HECKLER & KOCH/USP/cID1/mID26/dID136 -- Wolff springs

Spring, Hammer, USPcompact 9/40/45 : USP SPRING, HAMMER, USPCOMPACT 9/40/45 | Brownells --- USP Compact hammer "match" spring Mfr Part: 215694

Compression Spring, P2000, : P2000 COMPRESSION SPRING, P2000, | Brownells -- new light FPBS Mfr Part: 209296

·
Registered
446 Posts
The conversion to LEM (V0 or V4.1) will dramatically reduce the trigger pull weight (unless you've decocked the pistol or need to pull the trigger again to get a second strike after a failure to fire, in which case the original double-action pull will be present). An advantage of the LEM is no DA-to-SA transition.

My V4.1 P30L is a converted DA/SA V3, with the original decocking button retained.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How much tinkering will HK tolerate before they "stop support"? I can't seem to figure out the point of no return.

RC

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
How much tinkering will HK tolerate before they "stop support"? I can't seem to figure out the point of no return.

RC
I would imagine any mods to the frame itself would give HK reason to refuse warranty because any mods to the internal parts can be swapped back with original parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts