HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I can buy the p30sk V1 for 699 brand new at my lgs and I can get a used p2000sk for 619. Just wondering what you guys think. I already own a hk p30l in .40 and a hk usp in .40. I don't own one in 9mm yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love my P2000sk. I’ve carried one in .40 for a few years now and it’s given me no reasons to consider switching to something else.

That said, if I was in your situation I don’t think I’d be able to pass up the opportunity for NIB P30SK for $80 more than a used P2000SK. In my mind the cost difference would have to be more than that to justify going used over new.

Just one persons opinion though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The P2sk grip is slightly more comfortable than the P30sk. I had a P2sk and have a P30sk, but is the P2000sk a LEM? If so i would get it over the P30sk or let me know the LGS, I'll buy it..

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you are shooting and training with your p30l I would lean towards the p30sk. Plus there would likely be holster commonality. I would say the same thing if you had a p2000 (lean towards the p2000sk). I think both sk’s are solid developed designs and just depends on which you feel you subjectively like more. It is extremely unlikely one will objectively outperform the other.
Also, like Brasky68 said, only an $80 difference in price between NIB and used would also make me lean p30sk.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
P30SK is my choice and I love mine but it is a personal decision. I also far prefer a new pistol over a used one, especially one used for self defense and you also get the new pistol factory warranty..

Reactions: Prax and Mawashi

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a P2000sk and liked it. I got a P30sk when it was released and liked it more. I like the grip better and I shoot better with it too. I got rid of the P2000sk. I also have a P30 and P2000. I shoot the P30 more. All in LEM.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Such a personal preference and fun subjective debacle, since both are at your fingertips…which feels better in your hand? That’s the answer. You won’t go wrong with either. I really like the P30SK, bought one of the first ones when it came out. But of the subcompacts, I love the P2000SK the most, have a few. All are in LEM as that’s my preference as well.

Hear no evil, See no evil, Speak no evil…
but for me it’s the P200SK
Textile Sunglasses Eyewear Happy Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Another vote here for the p2000sk. I do own both and carry the p2000sk over the p30sk. But with that said, that’s a good price on the p30sk. You honestly can’t go wrong with either. I simply personally feel the p2000sk is a bit stouter built and I like the flatter grip on the p2000sk, but that’s just me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So I can buy the p30sk V1 for 699 brand new at my lgs and I can get a used p2000sk for 619. Just wondering what you guys think. I already own a hk p30l in .40 and a hk usp in .40. I don't own one in 9mm yet.
I'd go with the new one. Also depends on if the used one only had 1 magazine and condition of the used gun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I never tried the P30SK, but my P2KSK LEM is very comfortable to my hand, and it’s very well built, to last my daily abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have both, P30sk V1 and P2000sk V2. I do carry the 2000sk more…..is it because I like it more? No, it’s been because of the lack of OWB holster options for the 30sk, hopefully that’ll be remedied today, hopefully!

In your situation, I’d personally grab the P30sk because you already have a P30L, that’s a great tag team combination! But the truth is you can’t go wrong either way! Real world problems huh? Good luck choosing…..or don’t, buy both! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have both, P30sk V1 and P2000sk V2. I do carry the 2000sk more…..is it because I like it more? No, it’s been because of the lack of OWB holster options for the 30sk, hopefully that’ll be remedied today, hopefully!

In your situation, I’d personally grab the P30sk because you already have a P30L, that’s a great tag team combination! But the truth is you can’t go wrong either way! Real world problems huh? Good luck choosing…..or don’t, buy both! ;)
I would but I had just bought the p30l. I went to pick it up and they had these there.

·
Registered
188 Posts

One of my favorite holsters is the Blackhawk Quick Detachable with thumb break. I have several of them. The Size 07 works for both the P30 and SK. They are made in Italy and are high quality. They no longer make them but you can find them on eBay still, for a very good price. I have found that any of the sizes usually holds two or three different guns well. A bargain for sure. The one below is a lefty, used just for representation.

As an example, the 07 holds the HKs, a few Sigs, and a sampling of Berettas. The Glocks hold those, Sigs, and Kahrs, depending on the exact model number of the holster. Like most leather holsters they're typically good for several gun models.

Auto part Font Serveware Metal Drinkware

·
Registered
118 Posts
I used to unequivocally hate finger grooves until I tried the P30SK. I like the thinness of the P2000SK, but I found the P30SK's grip to be supremely ergonomic. Nowadays I hate just Glock finger grooves.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've owned both and still own and carry the P2000sk lem. The P30sk gave my pinky finger the "pinch" where the mag meets the grip. Anyone else experience that?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts