HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When hard-chroming a P7, are the gas cylinder and piston plated as well, or are the tolerances too tight?

And for the inner parts, is it better to leave them out, or to plate them as well? Rust is not an issue here, and when something is plated there is no more polishing or anything else that can be done...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That you pose this question here, and not from the refinisher, you may want to find someone familiar with the p7. No, you can't change the tolerance of everything. Contact Marine0303 on this board.
When hard-chroming a P7, are the gas cylinder and piston plated as well, or are the tolerances too tight?

And for the inner parts, is it better to leave them out, or to plate them as well? Rust is not an issue here, and when something is plated there is no more polishing or anything else that can be done...

Thanks!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DO NOT Refinish the piston or gas cylinder! The tolerances are very tight and it will only cause problems.
That's what I thought. I'll only have the slide, frame, squeeze cocker, magazine catch and slide disassembly button hard chromed, with a couple of magazines. Not sure about the slide stop lever and the the grip screws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts