HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have these all but dried up? I have not seen any for sale in my area in over a year at this point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Probably have to look online or watch the classifieds here. I just bought one on gunbroker this week and am working out the shipping details now - I can hardly wait! I did see one at a local Cabela's recently, but it was an insane price. Finding the right one at the right price took exceptional patience.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I believe that. Deals can be found. Just gotta wait...so hard. I keep telling myself whats an extra couple hundred but I've been able to restrain haha

·
Registered
676 Posts
There are usually 5-10 p7m8 on gunbroker at any time. A lot less than there used to be. Any really nice one will be expensive because there will be a lot of bidders.
I did see 10 of 500 and 411 of 500 go for 2500 each. Not an insane price at this point but not exactly a deal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
They aren't dried up but they are rare and the ones for a good price go fast. Set aside what you're willing to spend, keep an eye out for them, and be ready to jump when you see one you want.

·
Priest of the P7
5,325 Posts
The trouble with being patient is the sheer number of guys looking for a good deal on one. Good luck. If you find it recreational and relaxing to search for a gun for months on end and see deals here and there that you missed by minutes, then that's a good plan. But how much is your time worth and how much of it do you have? I suppose sometimes it boils down to your means. When I was buying up P7s I had a lot more money than time, so I bought the ones I wanted and 'overpaid'. I never think about paying a couple hundred more than the next guy when I'm shooting them, I just think "wow, I love this gun".

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I was happy when I got my M8 and M13. I got lucky and found a mint condition and never fired M13 with 8 unopened mags. The M8 was mint which was shot but very very little. Nice thing about that one is it is not import marked. Two of my many favorites.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The trouble with being patient is the sheer number of guys looking for a good deal on one. Good luck. If you find it recreational and relaxing to search for a gun for months on end and see deals here and there that you missed by minutes, then that's a good plan. But how much is your time worth and how much of it do you have? I suppose sometimes it boils down to your means. When I was buying up P7s I had a lot more money than time, so I bought the ones I wanted and 'overpaid'. I never think about paying a couple hundred more than the next guy when I'm shooting them, I just think "wow, I love this gun".
I agree with this approach, or buying philosophy, as it applies to this particular pistol. Unfortunately, they just aren't making them anymore, as the saying goes. That gives sellers the advantage.

A few years ago I sold a hard chromed P7. I made a profit on the sale, simply based on the current market. Ever since then, I feel like I'm playing with "house money". So, I didn't mind spending a little more to acquire my M8's. One can rationalize all they want either way, but the truth is it's just a few dollars, and the ownership is greatly satisfying.

Lastly, I feel that if I did pay a hundred or two more than the proverbial "great deal", I'll eventually recoup that extra amount if, and when I ever decide to sell. Which is unlikely.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I bought the ones I wanted and 'overpaid'
I agree. I paid about 250 more than I had allocated for a NIB P7M8. I thought I got screwed but it was the one I wanted. I am glad now I got it. I have another one spotted and when he decides he wants to sell it I won't be able to get the money out fast enough.

·
Priest of the P7
5,325 Posts
Lastly, I feel that if I did pay a hundred or two more than the proverbial "great deal", I'll eventually recoup that extra amount if, and when I ever decide to sell. Which is unlikely.
That's another great point. Even the unfired M8s that I paid handsomely for would sell for several hundred more on GB now just a year or two later.

·
Registered
360 Posts
After rolling my eyes at the insane prices being asked for a police-issue P7, I decided purely by chance to call my LGS and found out they had a mint P7M8 that came with 5 mags and a case going for an extremely reasonable price that was way lower than anything I'd seen.
Put that sucker on layaway as soon as I could get there and took it out a month later.

Sometimes you just stumble across something at just the right moment.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Absolutely, it's a sliding scale of patience vs cost.

After rolling my eyes at the insane prices being asked for a police-issue P7, I decided purely by chance to call my LGS and found out they had a mint P7M8 that came with 5 mags and a case going for an extremely reasonable price that was way lower than anything I'd seen.
Put that sucker on layaway as soon as I could get there and took it out a month later.

Sometimes you just stumble across something at just the right moment.
Lucky bastard! Yep, that's the trick with semi-rare out of production guns. gotta keep both eyes open and just keep asking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts