HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I bought a used P7 PSP off this site a few weeks ago. Went to the range yesterday and shot a 100rds. When I left I mexican carried the pistol out of the range.........where was the heat? I was almost worried about the heat of the P7 while doing my homework on a new carry pistol. The range does not allow rapid fire. I was pulling the trigger aimed fire about every 2 sec or so. I only took one mag. So I guess it cooled off during reloading?
So, the reason for this post if your thinking about buying a P 7 but worried about the heat.......I didn't see it was a problem. 100rounds fired and nothing note worthy. Cheers, David

·
Registered
402 Posts
Its an overblown non issue that people like to act like is a huge deal cause they dont have a P7 lol. HK even added a heat guard later for the people it bugged.

It does get hot after about 300 rounds but if you use your brain you just keep your finger off that area.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
On a hot summer day, it's pretty hot after 50 rounds. After 100 rounds, it's too hot to handle.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think where you live must have somewhat to do with it, in the middle of a SE Texas summer 4 magazines non rapid fire make the P7 uncomfortably warm for me. I could be more heat sensitive than some too, its not simply "Not an issue", or "Horrible design defect" like some say. I certainly do think its often overblown as an issue though.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If you shoot 100 rounds at a slow pace, it won't be a problem.
If you practice Bill or FAST drills, or El Prez, you'll need a second P7 or gloves before you finish your first box of ammo. One of several reasons I sold mine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yup. if you take your time and shoot nice and easy, the heat is tolerable and almost unnoticeable if you're wearing gloves.
Popping rounds off rapidly will cause it to heat up to an uncomfortable state which just serves as a reminder that you need to slow it down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know about rapid fire and a lot of different firearms. I was just expecting some kind of issue with heat. I was very pleased. I was experimenting with a new possible carry gun.....I think I found it in the HK P7.

·
Priest of the P7
4,793 Posts
If you had a vadge it would have been singed by carrying the P7 that way after shooting it. Lucky for you you're a man.

·
Registered
633 Posts
3 mags through my M13 and My hand was getting warm....very warm. 4 mags through it and I had to set it down. This was shooting at "plinking speed" about .5-1.0 seconds between shots. Shooting at a speed just fast enough to get the sight back on target for another shot. Not a speed shoot, but not 5 Mississippi's between shots. Long story short, more you shoot it, hotter it gets. It was a gun designed to be the fastest out of the holster first shots fired, not a sustained gun fight gun.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It was a gun designed to be the fastest out of the holster first shots fired.
Never found a proof to it being the fastest out of the holster. I think it is the fastest out of the holster to fire from one of the safest carry conditions, and back into one of the safest carry condition. As far as simply fastest out on a first shot, Ive never seen the evidence and could never do it myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was wondering about this exact question. Our Off-Duty qualifications course is 50 rounds timed. That made me wonder if the heat would be a problem for the qualification course, but you answered that in this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts