HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Im kinda a P7 noob. I have a chance to get one. I would use it for CCW. My question is I hear they are very well made and duarable but might have a hard time getting parts if something breaks. Not like replacing a 1911 or Glock recoil spring or various parts. Can I still get parts if needed? And any advice on this gun? Is it ok for CCW or should I look at USPc or something?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Parts are available.

There are many different models and varieties of P7's, even among the Euro version, which presumably yours is.

For CCW the later model wide/flush mount heel release is optimal.

These pistols are optimized for 124gr+P NATO ammunition (which means that any of the excellent modern 124gr+P JHP loads will be ideal in your pistol), and are extremely accurate and reliable. While heavy, even to this day the P7 is among the most compact 9mm pistols ever made, possessing a much longer barrel than most 9mm pistols of it's size.

A heel release P7 is a magnificent choice as a CCW. Guess what i carry.....

·
Registered
729 Posts
Do it!!!

The P7 is not just my favorite HK, it's my favorite gun. Get one ASAP and don't look back.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Well a forum search will answer all these questions (over and over), but yes, you can get them from aftermarket sources as well as from HK, at least for now.

Make sure the mag release looks like this (flush mount, bottom rear of grip):

A little better pic:

How much are you paying for it? What grade is it? Does it have the tools, the box, the manual? Top Gun supply has Grade A's with tools and 2 mags for $750 i think. A grade B should be about $600-650 and a Grade C about $500-550. P7 mags are NOT compatible with "M" series P7's, and are very expensive. (about $65 each)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know the grade other than the claim is 'great' shape. It has the plastic box, takedown tool, gas brush, manual, extra mag, and a Kramer OWB horsehide holster. Will run me about $850 I think.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The side of the Box should have a grade ranking on it, if it is a police trade in. If it is a commercial Euro P7, it's a lot more valuable IIRC.

You should definitely find out the particulars of it, and report back here.

Then again, the ones from Top Gun Supply are known Grade A's with all the tools for only $750ish.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Top Gun's P7 A Grades are $699, they come with a tool kit, and they have 2 magazines. If you pay $850, you'll be tossing away $150, and $75 more if it only comes with one magazine. You could use that money to get a nice holster.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I picked it up today (no...no pictures yet sorry...comming soon) The box is marked Grade A. The gun looks great. Minor wear on the corners and high points but looks excellent. I only field stripped it but the internals are supremely clean. Mags are in great shape. The bluing is nice and even. The mag that came with gun looks new. The extra mag I got has very minor wear. It has the brush and take down tool but no scraper. Manual was in the box. There is only one record entry in the Firearm Service Record at the back of the back of the manual dated 8/30/08 showing 35 rounds fired and 35 total. I know that doesnt mean that is the total number by any means just never knew anyone actually used that. But I dont see any visible indicators this was shot much.

It shows on the box P7 and on the grip but nowhere does it say PSP. Yes its the mag heel release, no heat shield. The serial is 487xx and oh the slide its marked 487xx Nds 12/82 (and then that marking stamp)

I like the weight of it. Its solid yes but I got a Kramer horsehide OWB holster for it and it the P7 just locks right in. I traded a Sig P220 Carry Equinox for it with the extra mag and holster. He has one more in the same condition he is offering up to me for about $550 so Ill probably grab that one as well. However I need to shoot this one first but so far my initial impressions are very positive. Nice trigger, very comfortable in the hand.

The grips have no wear but can you still get the factory plastic grips for the P7's? This one has a palm sweel and I know some are more flat. Also any ideas where to get a scraper from? Thanks again!

·
Registered
729 Posts
It doesn't say "PSP" because there were only a few hundred actual PSP's ever made. What you have is a standard P7 (although most people refer to them as PSP's to distinguish them from the M-series). You can get a scraper from MidwayUSA (see link below), and I'm not sure where you can get factory grips (other than maybe eBay or Gunbroker), but I can tell you that nothing makes a grade-A P7 look prettier than a brand new set of Nill's ;-)

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduc...urce=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=649

·
Registered
71 Posts
]Scraper is available at Midway, takedown tool is available at CDNN Sports. I had my Grade "B" Saxony trade in refinished in hard chrome with polished flats. Now it is almost impervious to South Louisiana humidity. The hard chroming of internal parts also has increased lubricity, which simplifies cleaning and reduces wear, which will extend service life.

/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.