HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took this p7 in on a trade today. This seems to have a exact factory finish like my kc p7m10 Nickel finish. There is a mill mark and this is a older police trade in with factory card board. I can still almost read the numbers on the slide where it was milled but can not make out the VA import. I have a test target date of 1-82 and warranty card ect. The gun has date code of IC and the mags IA,HJ. I would like any input on this gun and what kind of value it might be worth cause I intend selling to get a HK930 9mm...

Brad
DFW

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
It looks to me to be a 1982 commercial model that someone had done in nickel. I believe the Arlington import mark was lost during the refinish. FYI older NDS police guns did come in the cardboard box.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Factory Nickel finishes will have the slide release and grip screw black. Nice gun but not a factory finish. do you have picts of the other side?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pic Added...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have a value of what this older ARL VA trade in might be worth...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's very faint..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it is just like your import mark...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will it bring 1k...

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I guess anything is possible, but very doubtful due to the years of manufacture and the short window of years of importation through Arlington.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess anything is possible, but very doubtful due to the years of manufacture and the short window of years of importation through Arlington.
I ask because I think the one I have was advertised as a "police trade in excellent condition" (as some were not excellent but cheaper) from a major distributor. I shortly thereafter found a Desantis A4 holster very well used for $20 and mags for $25 from another wholesale vendor....

·
Registered
98 Posts
The mag release diminishes the value, except for collectors. Anyone who plans to carry the pistol will find out why-- as soon as he sits down in his car seat.

HK fixed this of course.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The mag release diminishes the value, except for collectors. Anyone who plans to carry the pistol will find out why-- as soon as he sits down in his car seat.
Depends on how you carry it. I carry mine in an IWB holster and the mag release has never been a problem, in the car or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Will it bring 1k...
Not with the refinish and and faded factory markings. That killed the value on that gun. Only collectors seek those protruding mag release guns and to a collector the value in that gun is destroyed. My guess is you could get $700 - $800 maximum, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Not with the refinish and and faded factory markings. That killed the value on that gun. Only collectors seek those protruding mag release guns and to a collector the value in that gun is destroyed. My guess is you could get $700 - $800 maximum, but I could be wrong.
+1
between $700-$800 there is always a reason it was refinished. Most likely it was abused.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts