HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone in this great Forum!

I bought my first P7 a couple of days ago and stumbled across this great forum while doing some research.
I am from Germany and used to carry a P7 during my time in the Army with the Feldjäger (MP).
Now i was looking for a sidearm to use while hunting and for fun and I obviousely remembered the nice little pistol i used during my Bundeswehr time.
So I found a P7M13 made in KI which as I learned should be 1998.
It is used but in near mint condition I would say. It has Nile Grips and changed sights. What kinda makes me wonder is that it is stamped HK Inc. Sterling VA.
Does this mean, that it is a gun that was exported from Germany to the US and then came back to germany?
And is there a way to change the sights back? Because the ones installed now seem to be very good for shooting on paper targets but they lack the white dots and seem to be very unapprobriate for shooting under less perfect conditions.
I will try to make some pictures later, but hope you guys can already share some wisedom with me?

Best regards JT

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Hi everyone in this great Forum!

I bought my first P7 a couple of days ago and stumbled across this great forum while doing some research.
I am from Germany and used to carry a P7 during my time in the Army with the Feldjäger (MP).
Now i was looking for a sidearm to use while hunting and for fun and I obviousely remembered the nice little pistol i used during my Bundeswehr time.
So I found a P7M13 made in KI which as I learned should be 1998.
It is used but in near mint condition I would say. It has Nile Grips and changed sights. What kinda makes me wonder is that it is stamped HK Inc. Sterling VA.
Does this mean, that it is a gun that was exported from Germany to the US and then came back to germany?
And is there a way to change the sights back? Because the ones installed now seem to be very good for shooting on paper targets but they lack the white dots and seem to be very unapprobriate for shooting under less perfect conditions.
I will try to make some pictures later, but hope you guys can already share some wisedom with me?

Best regards JT
Not sure about the import marks, but replacing the sights is pretty straightforward - for the rear one, remove the screw and punch the sight out the side with a wooden dowel. For the front one, you have to knock out an itty-bitty roll pin first, then knock it out the side in the same manner as the rear sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts