HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new to your forum and love all the great info!! I’m looking to add a P8A1 to my collection, does anyone know where I can acquire one? I know they are hard to come by and I had a chance a few months ago to purchase one from Marc Wagner up in Maine but dragged my feet and missed a great opportunity, thanks for your help, regards, A. Seyfarth

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Hey guys, I’m new to your forum and love all the great info!! I’m looking to add a P8A1 to my collection, does anyone know where I can acquire one? I know they are hard to come by and I had a chance a few months ago to purchase one from Marc Wagner up in Maine but dragged my feet and missed a great opportunity, thanks for your help, regards, A. Seyfarth
Post in the WTB section and one might shake loose.

·
Premium Member
RLTW
565 Posts
You may have dodged a SCAM bullet. Do a search on this site and you should see an abundant amount of information about Marc Wagner. I would advise you to stay clear of that guy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
:oops: Might wanna do some homework on Mr Wagner here. (search). Consider yourself fortunate. Not a lot of HK's availability up here in Maine.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I spoke to him when I couldnt believe the price he was offering on a P8A1. He was aggressive and adamant that I sent him the money before it sold.... a little too aggressive. I did a bit of homework and realized there was 50-50 chance of getting it.
I chose to stay a way... why temp fate with a proven bad history record.
Maybe he has seen the sins of past and is rebuilding himself as an honest individual, but I would rather wait until history reveals the future truth.

M.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are currently no new P8s available from HK in Germany. I have ordered a few about three months ago from one of the bigger distributors and they are still backordered.

Andy, why do you want a P8 and not a USP? I shot the P1 and also the P8 in military matches and have sentimental attachments to the P8 - and a few trophies but at the range, it makes no difference to me whether I shoot a USP or P8.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
There are currently no new P8s available from HK in Germany. I have ordered a few about three months ago from one of the bigger distributors and they are still backordered.

Andy, why do you want a P8 and not a USP? I shot the P1 and also the P8 in military matches and have sentimental attachments to the P8 - and a few trophies but at the range, it makes no difference to me whether I shoot a USP or P8.
My guess is just the roll marks. Thats the only reason I got mine. Its the same gun... one for Germany and one for the USA.... but the same gun different Roll marks.
I cant stand the VP9 (personal preference) but I would get a SFP9! ;) ;) ;)
M.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I see the safety on the P8 as being very different from the USP. For any sort of serious use, I would prefer no safety at all, but if I have to have one, I want it to be off with a forward/up sweep, and on with a down/back sweep. My first pistol was a Walther P38, and I got used to that.

·
Premium Member
RLTW
565 Posts
I think the appeal is just having a unique HK weapon. I have a lot of HK's that I have no intentions of carrying, shooting, or whatever. But guess what, I have them and they are mine....MERCA!

I have two P8's BTW!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey Andy, I’m just a collector looking to fill a void in my collection, I have a usp 9 that I love to shoot also! All you guys have been great! I’m really glad I didn’t have any dealings with mr Wagner

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the appeal is just having a unique HK weapon. I have a lot of HK's that I have no intentions of carring, shooting, or whatever. But guess what, I have them and they are mine....MERCA!

I have two P8's BTW!
I agree! Just looking to fill a hole in my collection

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see the safety on the P8 as being very different from the USP. For any sort of serious use, I would prefer no safety at all, but if I have to have one, I want it to be off with a forward/up sweep, and on with a down/back sweep. My first pistol was a Walther P38, and I got used to that.
I have many walther p38s I love them them, pre war, war and post war, they are fantastic guns

·
Registered
7 Posts
A P2, P3, and P8 are still missing in my collection, P8 was going to be the next one but I found a deal I couldn't pass up on a P7 instead.

·
Registered
72 Posts
"There are currently no new P8s available from HK in Germany. I have ordered a few about three months ago from one of the bigger distributors and they are still backordered. "

Good news; P8s have been showing up again in limited numbers at German distributors.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,168 Posts
Differences between USP & P8 series:
1. Roll marks obviously - the main appeal in my mind
2. Safeties are reverse from one another
3. P8 uses regular lands & grooves not polygonal like the USP (except very early USP which were not polygonal).
4. P8 must be matched with flecktarn holster. USP in flecktarn holster is low brow. ;)

I don't recall what the difference is in the P8A1 from the P8 (aside from roll marks)...

Lot's of much more detailed info on this forum about these differences. I just summarized.

Reactions: PorterM

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Differences between USP & P8 series:
1. Roll marks obviously - the main appeal in my mind
2. Safeties are reverse from one another
3. P8 uses regular lands & grooves not polygonal like the USP (except very early USP which were not polygonal).
4. P8 must be matched with flecktarn holster. USP in flecktarn holster is low brow. ;)

I don't recall what the difference is in the P8A1 from the P8 (aside from roll marks)...

Lot's of much more detailed info on this forum about these differences. I just summarized.
Sp whats a “Flecktarn” Holster? Is it just the pattern or is it an actual brand? And specifically a Flecktarn?
M.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts