HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
I purchased a SACO imported P9S last year that's very close to the serial number of the P9S listed in the ad you posted. Unfortunately, my P9S also came with a Pachmayr grip. The front strap from the Pachmayr grip marred the front strap of the plastic frame cover. I ended up buying a NOS plastic frame cover from Numrich to replace the plastic frame cover that came with my gun.

The box and manual are nice, but I would want the original grips as well.

My P9S also came with a single magazine that had been etched by the factory with the gun's serial number. It's hard to tell if the P9S listed in the link comes with more than one magazine. It would be nice if it came with two, as .45 P9S magazines are expensive and hard to find.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Seems like a decent deal seeing how most of the other .45s people are asking ~2k?
Also never seen a SACO imported one so not sure if those are any more rarer than the others
If it's $2K it's probably a Sport model with the much more desirable adjustable sights. Like this one.

Heckler & Koch H&K HK P9S .45ACP Sport Exc.+ 99% : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Box and manual are nice to have, but unless the gun is exc.+ condition and the box is matching number, who cares. You can buy both on Fleabay. For a shooter, buy the gun, not the accessories that are worth $60 or so (in this case) if acquired separately.

SACO's are more rare, but who knew they'd be collectable back in the middle/late 70's before H&K figured out how much money SACO was making and cut them out by starting up H&K-USA. I owned a SACO .45 P9S for a while. Used when I got it, more used when I sold it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts