HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any reviews on this?? Alot cheaper than the German but I'm concerned about quality. I have a Dakota Tactical D54 A4 coming and am getting all the other available stocks now. I'm getting German A2 with German A2 wide handguard. I have a real HK old style A3 telescoping stock and last of all I'd like the newer style A3 F style. So - are these worth 200 vs. 600.00 for the HK one?

Thanks for any help!

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-Retractable-Stock-4-Position-83p16243.htm

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I have an ATI universal (NOT the 4-position you linked) stock for when I want "that" look. They were on sale for just over $100. I have no issues with it. Yeah, its not HK-made, but if it isn't going on an HK gun- so what? *It is my guess* that HKParts just notched the forks on regular A3 stocks from ATI, and are passing that machining cost to the customer, which is why they are clearing these out, and will then be done with them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an ATI universal (NOT the 4-position you linked) stock for when I want "that" look. They were on sale for just over $100. I have no issues with it. Yeah, its not HK-made, but if it isn't going on an HK gun- so what? *It is my guess* that HKParts just notched the forks on regular A3 stocks from ATI, and are passing that machining cost to the customer, which is why they are clearing these out, and will then be done with them.
I might grab one for the look lol. Just hoping it feels well made and isn't all wobbly when extended. For the price compared to hk it's not bad if built decent

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I have several of the A3 style stocks and one of the 4 position. They are all good to go, even full auto with 5.56 from my HK53 clone. No wobble.

Frankly, though, the 4 position is a PITA to close and open, since you have to hold the lever or it will lock into one of the slots. Unless you really, really need the length adjustment, I would save a few bucks and just get the regular A3 style

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had one from a few years ago. It was bad enough that it drove me to spend hundreds more on a proper HK stock. The holes didn't align (but the HK stock that replaced it fit perfectly). Contrary to what it says on the sales blurb, it was not an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Mine did not fit either. Lots of filing to get it to fit just one gun. Still does not fit any of my other sub guns lol. Sturdy as a stiffy though

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
The ATI F-stock I got from HKParts is very good quality, fit and function-hard to tell from my HK F-stock.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I had one from a few years ago. It was bad enough that it drove me to spend hundreds more on a proper HK stock. The holes didn't align (but the HK stock that replaced it fit perfectly). Contrary to what it says on the sales blurb, it was not an easy fix.
Mine did not fit either. Lots of filing to get it to fit just one gun. Still does not fit any of my other sub guns lol. Sturdy as a stiffy though
Weird. Mine fit with minimal filing, and fits both my full-size clone, as well as my SD.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
There are fantastic as long as it fits, I believe it may have to do with the back tab be sized, not sure the proper terminology, I believe it was possibly Joe at DT that explained it to me. I am doing this from memory so maybe it wasn't him and its not like the other builders are doing it wrong because the German HK stuff fits, but Joe should be able to answer that question. GL

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Mine fit right on my Coharie, Special Weapons, Omega, and Century Arms MP5, MP5SD, and HK53 hosts that I put them on.

On the other hand, the A2 style fixed stock that came on my Coharie CA94 won't fit on my Omega SD, so there definitely can be fitment issues between builders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 4-position A3 stock that you linked. It is rock solid, no wobble at all. I have a DJ Getz full size clone.

Downsides:
1. As it came, when the stock was mounted on the receiver, the stock pin holes did not line up perfectly with the receiver pin holes. The stock pin would not go all the way through. I used a drill to open up the stock pin hole. We're talking less than 1mm of material removed on one side of the hole. Fits perfectly after that.
2. The 4-position feature is pretty useless. I wish the two intermediate positions were at 1" intervals from fully extended. The way it is, the inner intermediate position is 100% useless, and the outer intermediate position would only be used if you're very short and wearing body armor.
3. Regarding A3-F stocks in general, I didn't know they were this heavy. My stock weighs 28oz. I've been eyeing the B&T folder, simply because of weight savings (weighs 12.8oz according to hkparts).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. It seems most everyone has had a good experience with them. I'll probably just order one tomorrow and may just get the open/closed position one. I have the MPX and when I think about it, the middle position just annoys me when opening and closing the stock.

I'll take a chance and save 400 or so buy buying the ATI vs. HK. I have an old style real HK collapsible anyways, but want every possible look :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought the 2 position ATI stock last night. Checked and noticed they had German A2 stock and German wide handguard in stock as well. Bought those too so no more stocks for me! That will give me 4 different stocks.

Maybe a few more mags but not sure. 7 new German 30 rd with 7 used German 30rd. I'm probably good for my lifetime on those as well..just stocking up before election craze!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts