HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see these for sale on websites and from private parties.

How does one come into possession of a parts kit besides buying one for $750 or higher?

I have a feeling when for example an MP5 is no longer needed by a police department they cut the receiver rendering the MP5 inop. Then what? Someone snags it then sells it? Whats the deal?

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's simply what the parts are worth anywhere. Demil receiver, sell the rest... $750 is about the low ball for anything genuine HK. It all starts from there and just goes up. Don't forget the import ban on foreign barrels for "non sporting" use. That will make them more valuable as time goes on.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
You see these for sale on websites and from private parties.

How does one come into possession of a parts kit besides buying one for $750 or higher?

I have a feeling when for example an MP5 is no longer needed by a police department they cut the receiver rendering the MP5 inop. Then what? Someone snags it then sells it? Whats the deal?
Lots of them cut a lot more than just the receiver - they slice the whole thing up like a loaf of bread.

The rest are sold, usually to other FFL dealers. Who then resell them, but for a lot more than $750. I haven't seen a real MP5 kit for under $1,000 in a long time.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I feel the reason why the MP5 part kits are so expensive is that they pass through more than one hands before you see them for sale.
Everyone takes their cut along the way.

·
Registered
422 Posts
By being the Title II dealer who owns the Pre-86 sample and being the one who's doing the de-milling.

My guess would be that most machine guns that are demilled are 'Post'-86 and that most of them are owned by PD's or Spc Ops and the agency decides to go to a new platform such as a M4 and sell the used guns to a H&K dealer(possibly even the one they originally purchased them from). Instead of selling a used MG, they have it cut per ATF regs(?) and sold as parts either first hand or through someone else and than WTS adds pop up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts