HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in the match trigger spring and sear spring on my VP 9. I went right by the tutorial from HK Parts and thought it was pretty easy. The problem I'm having is it won't reset. Can anyone help me out? The trigger feels gritty as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it, Trigger spring a pia but now it is functioning correctly. To the range tomorrow to see if I like it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What was wrong? A while back I installed the match TRS only to see if I liked it and also got failure to reset if I let the trigger out slowly. I've seen other people report this on the forum also. I'm 95% sure I got it installed correctly but now I'm wondering if maybe I didn't based on your post.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the trigger spring installed incorrectly. Not sure I like it feels gritty but will take it to the range today for the final verdict. If anyone has experience with it please do chime in.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The spring change itself doesn't seem like it could result in a "gritty" feeling trigger, so I'd suspect something related to reassembly. Where does it fell gritty, all the way through the travel or only in a certain spot? That might point you in the direction of where to look. When I put my match trigger kit in, I also put a new disconnector in with the "hump" sanded down and polished, and it feels even smoother than the stock trigger did. I love the match trigger springs for fast followup shots (competition), my scores have improved since installing it so I give it good marks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just felt gritty in the take up but I went to the range yesterday and shot 150rd through it and it performed well. I can't say I can really feel the difference in the TRS but maybe I'm more focused on the reset than anything else. I know the Match TRS doesn't affect the reset. I polished the disconnector but didn't sand down the hump. Might try that next. I would like a shorter reset so how does that get resolved without sending it out to Springfiled? Can it be done by a layman?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts