HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a nfa HK collector but recently saw this hk ad re-posted on sturm for kicks.

Revolver Metal

Anyone know where this ad ran and what happened to the dumbasses in the hierarchy that allowed it to slip through? Or is this a just a photoshop'd joke?

Just curious. Typically "professionals" are paid a fair amount of money ( ever wonder what HK's marketing dept budget is?) and I laugh when I see such a patently poor product such as this ad. Everyone has suffered through paying for expert help ( doctor, attorney, home builder, gunsmith, accountant, etc,etc.....) in one manner or another only to see absolute turd produced. It really gets my goat.

-HH

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have seen people put the top round in backwards.

Only reason I could see doing that is to try and prevent a child from sticking a mag in the gun and loading a round.

I do find the ad very funny for passing QC at the management level.

Someone had to approve the ad.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Three years ago, there was a dipsh*t in my concealed carry class who did exactly that.

He loaded the rounds backwards in his magazine. Unbelievable! :790:

Needless to say, he was sent to the remedial class for basic instruction with blue pistols.

I don't know if he got his certification or not.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I'm a nfa HK collector but recently saw this hk ad re-posted on sturm for kicks.

View attachment 5538

Anyone know where this ad ran and what happened to the dumbasses in the hierarchy that allowed it to slip through? Or is this a just a photoshop'd joke?

Just curious. Typically "professionals" are paid a fair amount of money ( ever wonder what HK's marketing dept budget is?) and I laugh when I see such a patently poor product such as this ad. Everyone has suffered through paying for expert help ( doctor, attorney, home builder, gunsmith, accountant, etc,etc.....) in one manner or another only to see absolute turd produced. It really gets my goat.

-HH
Okay, I guess it's time to fill you in on this:

That is a picture on the cover of an HK catalog from quite a few years ago. Apparently, the photographer loaded the rounds in backwards, and HK didn't catch the mistake until after the catalog went to press. It made quite a splash. Since then, many HKers will photograph their guns next to mags with the rounds loaded backwards in a show of solidarity, brand-loyalty, and as an inside-joke mostly known and recognized only by fellow-HKers.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, I guess it's time to fill you in on this:

That is a picture on the cover of an HK catalog from quite a few years ago. Apparently, the photographer loaded the rounds in backwards, and HK didn't catch the mistake until after the catalog went to press. It made quite a splash. Since then, many HKers will photograph their guns next to mags with the rounds loaded backwards in a show of solidarity, brand-loyalty, and as an inside-joke mostly known and recognized only by fellow-HKers.

Hah. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Didn't know about the history of that buffoonery.
HH

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
That is a picture on the cover of an HK catalog from quite a few years ago.
As far as I remember catalogue was made 'five to twelve' for SHOT. HK got printed material straight to their booth. They found this after some of them were already given out. Original catalogue seem to be collector piece now.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
That was the 2004 catalog and it went straight from the press to SHOT. They arrived rather late so when they showed up they were put out. It was our very own Mr HKPRO himself, Tom, who spotted the mistake and the magazines were pulled from circulation but not before hundreds made it out. They are quite sought after and often go for up to $30 on the different auction sites.
It's not photoshop, and only the first in HK ad bug-a-boos. Next came a shooter using a HK pistol with Glock mags in the mag pouch, then in 2009, there were two November 29ths on the calendar.
And that is indeed why so many of us load the rounds backwards in the mags when photographing our pistols. I am sure HK would like to forget about the 2004 catalog,first edition, but many of us refuse to let it die.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
12,492 Posts
I had actually had a very brief conversation about a few of these mistakes with some folks at HK. There was a pained look when they were reminded of specifics. And then I offered that Marketing may actually be doing these "mistakes" on purpose, sort of like a cult "can you spot it" game for their loyal customers. Not sure if anyone walked through the door that I opened...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.