HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somebody list in order from entry level moving up the chain ALL HK pistols???

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’m not sure people will understand your question. In order based on what?? 🤔

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Is there really an entry level HK pistol? That may be a Glocktalk question(just kidding). I’m sure you would get more info if you specified by price or something. I’m new to HK so I wish I could help but I’m still trying to learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
210 Posts
Heckler and Koch are the top premium echelon of Firearms period! There really isn’t an answer to the question you asked, at least as I understand it. Maybe if you ask it differently or be more specific in what you mean ( by entry level moving up the chain), you probably will get a better answer to your question.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'd say the place to start is a police trade in USP. It all goes up from there, with a mint Jubilee P7M8 at the top. 😉

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My first HK was a P7M8 so it is an entry level HK then.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Could somebody list in order from entry level moving up the chain ALL HK pistols???
Most of the time, a larger framed pistol is easier to shoot. An optic makes it even easier to shoot after you learn how to use it.
I would have to say the VP9 OR orVP9L OR would be the easiest to shoot.
P2000SK in 40 S&W would probably be the most difficult to shoot for me.
It really all depends on what you are going to be using it for. If you want a hammer or striker?

You can’t go wrong with a VP9/L, P30/L, USP/Expert in 9mm as a first handgun.

Reactions: Oldshellback

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your thoughts!
I have 3 USPS BUT was looking for someone to list "In order" lowest end hk pistol to highest by model

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Savage… you still got it?
Nope. I started late in life and on my own, no guidance, so I went with what internet said was the best. @2008 I decided to figure out how not to suck and what was the best on my own. That was the end of P7 and whole DelFatti outfit or me.
I do agree with internet on some things tho: if he makes it for your gun and you want leather, Matt is the best.

·
Priest of the P7
5,159 Posts
I’m not sure how you managed to “suck” with a P7M8.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I’m not sure how you managed to “suck” with a P7M8.
Multiple choice options:

1. I am very, very good at sucking. I repeat, very good.
2. Upbringing in a negative reinforcement oriented culture. Maybe I didn't really suck. Although I did.
3. The gun doesn't support the type of shooting I wanted to be good at.
4. All of the above.

P7 was made for the reasons it was. Using it to learn how to shoot 2 sec Bill Drill from concealment or making an M class weren't those things, but that's the path I've been walking. It was used, it was carried, I took it to classes, Vickers, Rogers, somebody else. I think the round count on it was 10K when I sold it, but it stopped being an adequate developmental tool for me.

·
Priest of the P7
5,159 Posts
To each his own. I am curious though: what was it about the M8 that you feel prohibited your ability to draw and fire 6 rounds quickly and accurately from concealment? That is, after all, what the pistol was designed for.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am curious though: what was it about the M8 that you feel prohibited your ability to draw and fire 6 rounds quickly and accurately from concealment?
6 rounds, absolutely nothing. Repeating that 4-5 times was another story. My tolerance for the heat was under one box with that kind of pace, and then gloves had to come out, and then I had to put it down. My today's practice was 300 rounds in a balmy 92 degrees; I would've needed 5-6 P7s to get through it.

In 2011 I switched from a strong side IWB to appendix carry and rapidly found out that the P7 was the worst gun amongst those that I owned for that carry position. That and a couple of other things sealed the deal. This place being an HK and a P7 sanctuary, I try refrain from talking what else negative I thought of that gun.

Neat gun but, as you said, clearly a case of to each his own.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts