HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
The basic VP9 is essentially the Porsche Boxster of the HK line. On the high end, you have your Expert and Elite USP's, and the MK23. In the middle would the the P30's, P2000, and HK45... And the raced up VP9's with long slides and optic plates.

It's all open to opinion though, and many will disagree with me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Could somebody list in order from entry level moving up the chain ALL HK pistols???
Nothing low end in HK world. The VP9 is the only current striker in HK line, and by nature is a bit less expensive than the rest of their line, but it’s also the best shooter, and the one with the most aftermarket support. I personally really like the P2000/SK fit and finish, also the first to come with picatinny rails, but it doesn’t get as much as love as it deserves, therefore even holsters are relatively hard to find.
If I’d be in the market for another plastic gun I’d probably go with the P30 for EDC, but for home defence the VP9 Is a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The basic VP9 is essentially the Porsche Boxster of the HK line. On the high end, you have your Expert and Elite USP's, and the MK23. In the middle would the the P30's, P2000, and HK45... And the raced up VP9's with long slides and optic plates.

It's all open to opinion though, and many will disagree with me.
Where do the standard USP's sit??

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Personally of course:
1). USPC’s
2). P2000/p2000sk
3). Hk45C
4). P30/p30sk
5). USP full size
6). VP9/Vp9sk

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Could somebody list in order from entry level moving up the chain ALL HK pistols???
I equate "entry level" to ease of use and comfort which means trigger system and grip ergonomics. Go 9mm and avoid the larger cartridge sizes for now. That said, here's my list:

1) VP9 series (full-size to compact). These are striker triggers and have semi-aggressive custom grip panels
2) P30 series (long slide to compact). These are DA/SA triggers and have semi-aggressive custom grip panels. Avoid the LEM.
3) P2000 series (compact to subcompact). DA/SA triggers, and thin profile grips that can be slippery. Avoid the LEM.
4) USP9 (full to compact). DA/SA triggers, and very aggressive grips. Avoid the LEM.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Avoid LEM? Why? Love my LEMs, curious as to why against them?
I also love my LEMs. It's been my experience that most HK DA/SAs are pretty horrible.

Reactions: PorterM

·
Registered
505 Posts
As far as factory triggers in HK pistols go, LEM is where it's at with the P30 IMO... I could make arguments either way for the USP/P2000/HK45 pistols.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do not avoid LEM, One of the best trigger systems out there, Yes I sent it away to get the trigger fine tuned but now the reset is less than 1/4 and crisp. BTW I sent my SA and DA to gunsmith also and now they are great too.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
That’s like $240 worth of ammo at the range I visited Monday. :cautious:
You've not been paying attention.

As said time and time again here, there are no entry level HKs. Everything is high end. People who are on here, by virtue of owning an HK, are high end operators. For us a quart of a grand on a practice run is just the price of doing bidnes, see small print below for details.

I went into 2020 prepared better than most. I shot less matches last year than in '19, this year not too many either, no classes, and I don't go to the range more than once a week. That said, when I do go to the range it makes no sense for me to do anything than my normal practice session. With 9 mm 300 is close to a minimum,

Reactions: Bronco

·
Registered
9 Posts
How 'bout if you go chronologically.
My first was an M13 (so much for THAT plan), then a 4, VP70, dot dot dot

21 - 40 of 45 Posts