HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought another Hk, this one being a 9mm C and this one has some shiny areas on the front of the trigger guard either by tigger guard mounted accessory, or a holster using a trigger guard clasp. Anyway, they are annoying me. So is the only way to get rid of these shiny areas is to media blast the areas? If so does anyone know anyone that does this? Send back to Hk? Gunsmith in Texas?

I'm new to the fourm, but have owned Hk's for many years, this is the first 9mm Compact. Also does anyone know someone that does a good strip and refinish of the metal also. I plan on carrying and shooting the crap out of it, but then refinish. I have a Kimber Custom Classic Gen 1, that is retired as well. Great gun and none of the b.s. that some of the newer models have reported having. Also a 28 year old 586 no dash that is going to need a new Deep Bluing finish as well.

Any help on any of these would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Just about every Kydex holster will cause the shiny area that you describe. Nothing you can do about it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wouldn't worry too muhc about refinishing the HK. The 586... if you want it done correctly, you gotta send it back to S&W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts