HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear rumor that TSC has built a break-down target rifle they have called a PSG2 ("2" because it breaks down in two pieces) and they have it on display at the show this weekend in Chantilly, VA (Dulles Expo Center). Apparently a customer wanted something a bit over the top and had Mike build it. I'm going over there tomorrow, so I'll post pics when I can (probably Sunday) unless someone else beats me to it. I hear it has some interesting stuff, like a bolt hold open that releases the bolt by a lever in the grip (like a P7).

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Pending problems get resolved I will have one built out of a PSG1 as soon as I can get back up there.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Pending problems get resolved I will have one built out of a PSG1 as soon as I can get back up there.
Please don't use a real PSG1. Just have it done with a clone.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The PSG"2" in this case was not built on a PSG1 receiver, but an HK German receiver was used for the build. Here are some more pics of the gun.

Mike doing a demo of the rifle assembly for a potential customer

Then, from the show, I took in some of the sights in the area:

The last I knew, Mike doesn't work on clone receivers.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Stop Stop Stop SudS.... First I get convinced to get a 21E now this. Either you hate me or love spending my money. My bank account hates you but my soul loves you.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Since we are on the subject, here are some other pics from the TSC Machine table:

For this gun, I'm told a funny thing happened. Some guy came up to this gun at the show and was shocked and amazed, asking "How did you get this out of H&K?" The guy asking the question was a former HK employee...he didn't realize it was a build, not a factory original.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stop Stop Stop SudS.... First I get convinced to get a 21E now this. Either you hate me or love spending my money. My bank account hates you but my soul loves you.
I'm living vicariously through your trust...you were talking about the guns weren't you...because if you were talking about the round girl, I suspect she would cost you much more than the guns.

·
Registered
893 Posts
PLEASE: Use an SR9 or HK91 receiver, will have the same end result, probably end up costing a lot less, and you won't destroy a real PSG.
That looks an HK21E trunnion and a 21E barrel, with PSG stuff attached.
The main parts of a PSG1 that you couldn't find loose (the barrel and the trunnion) don't look like their used in that build anyway, so no sense in cutting one up. Straight forward concept I guess. I don't know how repeatable the 21E barrel placement in the trunnion is though?
Except it doesn't look like the barrel free floats from the hand guard though.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks an HK21E trunnion and a 21E barrel, with PSG stuff attached.
Since it's a mag fed gun, I understand it uses an 11E trunion and a 22" E barrel.

Straight forward concept I guess.
Actually, rather complicated, as Mike was explaining. Apparently, seperating the cocking tube away from the bolt group involved some unique engineering. I don't know all the technical details, but there isn't a cocking notch, there's a bolt hold open, with a bolt release lever in the grip of the lower. The lower is a real specialized piece of equipment.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm so wanting one....Come on you guy's group buy??????.... Very nice build please give us some details as to how she shots & groups.

Very nice and about time....

·
Registered
193 Posts
On the surface you think simple enough but when Mike starts exsplaining everything that they had to do, it is simply amazing. Only set you back about $20,000 (case included).

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.