HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried out the HK Rescue Knife? I'm thinking about buying one from Germany, but don't know much about the materials to say whether it's really worth the high(ish) price.

Functional, compact and lightweight pocket rescue knife in HK design with belt cutter and windscreen hammer.
Pocket rescue knife with Tanto blade.

Key features:
stainless Böhler N695 (HRC 58) blade
black Kalgard© coated cutting edge
black anodised AlMg3 aluminium grip with HK-inlay
trouser clip for tip-down carrying
liner lock® with safety stop
integrated safety belt cutter and glass breaker

Specifications:
overall length: 20,5 cm
blade: 8,4 cm
blade thickness: 2,5 mm
weight: 120 g

https://eu.hkwebshop.com/HK-Pocket-Rescue-Knife-black.html
978934_TaschrettmesserSchwarz_1.jpg
978934_TaschrettmesserSchwarz_4.jpg

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I would like to know as well. I've eying these for years. I believe it's made by Eickhorn and they usually make good blades.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Don't know who makes it but it looks to be the same as any multitude of made in China, weapons branded "rescue" knives that I have seen for sale in Sporting Goods stores.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
I have one of each, this one and the orange version. However I've never really put them to the test..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know who makes it but it looks to be the same as any multitude of made in China, weapons branded "rescue" knives that I have seen for sale in Sporting Goods stores.
Except it's made in Germany and made of higher quality steel.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
IMG_4419.JPG IMG_4418.JPG IMG_4419.JPG IMG_4418.JPG

Yes, they're made in Germany. Here are pics, it says Eikhorn Solingen? Presumably a German manufacturer

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Except it's made in Germany and made of higher quality steel.
Maybe.
Just because something is made in Germany doesn't automatically mean it is of high quality.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe.
Just because something is made in Germany doesn't automatically mean it is of high quality.
My response was to the statement that it looked like a cheap Chinese knife...

It IS made in Germany, and it IS made of stainless Böhler N695 (HRC 58) steel, which is actually a decent piece of metal, and not what is used in the $5 flea market variety.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The shipping cost from Germany for this is $35+ .. just FYI.
Yeah, you'd have to be really willing to spend the money to get it, and maybe grab some other swag while you're at it.

That said, I travel to Europe pretty often and could potentially ship it to a friend.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Yeah, you'd have to be really willing to spend the money to get it, and maybe grab some other swag while you're at it.

That said, I travel to Europe pretty often and could potentially ship it to a friend.

I looked around on the site and didn't see anything I'd want otherwise....the USA HK shop is a lot better, in my opinion.

·
Needs Therapy
694 Posts
I have both the red and black. They are both high quality. The black has a tanto type tip. The red has a conventional blade (not drop point, not tanto, more curved).

I carry the black version daily, it's held up well.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
I looked around on the site and didn't see anything I'd want otherwise....the USA HK shop is a lot better, in my opinion.
Used to be quite the opposite, the German site used to have way cooler stuff than the US site, it only changed to the US site having/cooler stuff about 5 years ago.

And what Michael Vain says is accurate. Good quality knife. I do not carry mine often however. The knife tip on the orange model is more of a traditional rescue style knife point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts